Monday, April 30, 2018

4/30/18... Little Thailand and Gastonia

This week has been awesome! So much happened and it felt like it was just go go go. The days go by so fast when you finish one thing and then you're late to the next.  It's been a blast though. We haven't killed each other quite yet in the trio (but we've gotten pretty close.) 😂  No, it's been really fun. I've been loving it so far.  

I guess I'll tell y'all a little about the great peeps we are teaching and then some stories that happened this week. 

Sandra-- I think I talked about her last week, but we were able to teach her a few times this last week. She has a testimony that this is true, but we want to help her have a spiritual experience with the Book of Mormon to help her strengthen her testimony more. She rewrites the pamphlets we give her and sends them to her son who is in jail right now. She is really solid! We also had a miracle this week. She works a lot of Sundays, so it's hard for her to get off.  But this week her boss told her she'd been working too many hours and he gave her Sunday off, so she came to church yesterday! We taught her with sister Thompson this week whose husband grew up in the Tri-Cities!  It was fun to talk to him about that. He is awesome. 

We are also teaching another family I mentioned last week. Some crazy things happened with them this week.  She was in the hospital for a bit so that was hectic. The mom is doing really well.  She has felt the spirit and recognizes that she is feeling the spirit,  which is really important.  And she has really started to repent on her own without us needing to push her much. They came to church for all 3 hours in Sunday too, which really made our week. When our investigators come to church it makes the whole week feel so much more successful.  So that's good!  I think they liked church a lot. They are progressing right now. I love getting to see the spirit work in other people's lives.  You see small changes almost every time you visit them and that makes me so happy as a missionary getting to see that. 

One of the kids in our ward named Aor is from Thailand.  He joined the church about 4 years ago and is leaving on his mission this Wednesday.  So he spoke in church yesterday and had a little farewell get together at his house. We thought it was going to be just a normal little farewell thing. Nope, this was way better! We walked in and not many people were there--just like his family and none of them speak English besides him. We take our shoes off, and all sit criss cross on the ground. Then all of a sudden loads of Asians keep walking through the door haha. The place was full. Then another guy walks in and I guess he was a preacher. But he get ups and they start having like a Sunday service devotional thing idk...(in another language of course.)  It was awesome watching this happen because we had no idea what the heck was going on. Then he puts his hand on Aor and blesses him. Then he finishes and they bring out food and we had a huge feast just right there on the ground. It was seriously awesome just being able to witness a little of their culture and really not know what was going on. I'll send some pics of it! It made me realize Sarah was probably doing this everyday!
Little Thailand 

Friday we got to go to Gastonia to a baptism of a girl that I taught on exchanges in Gastonia.  She asked if I would say the closing prayer. That was a lot of fun, it was an incredible baptism.  The Spirit was very present.  I got to see Elder Zesiger, Destany and the Hickmans.  It was fun seeing them again. Saturday we also got to go to a baptism of a lady named Esmeralda.  I was able to interview her the week earlier and that was awesome.  She found a pass along card and just felt the spirit prompt her strongly to call the number! She was really prepared for this at this time. 




This week is going to be super busy! We have a meeting all day on Tuesday, interviews on Wednesday and then a bunch of stuff to do the rest of the weekend. So I'll probably blink and be writing a letter again next week. 

Love y'all!
Love you momma!
Elder Anderson zonkin out in the car 😂

Qs
Did you make the chocolate chip cookies?  How did they turn out?  I'll put some chocolate chips and stuff in your Amazon Pantry box.  
Ya we made them! They didn't turn out super good lol. Burned one batch and underdid (if that's a word haha) the second. In my defense Elder Hull wouldn't let me touch the baking process, so I'm blaming him 😂

Did you get my little house warming package?
Ya I got it! Thank you so much, you are a life saver!!

Did you get the shirts?  Do they fit?
I haven't gotten them yet! We've checked most days, but nothing yet. 

Have you heard from your coach about housing?  
No I haven't. He will let us know probably. 

Do you know I love you???
Yesh of course!

Is there anything I can do for YOU???
Ummmm have you looked at my classes much yet? We get to Skype next week too, we could talk about that! 





No comments:

Post a Comment