Monday, April 2, 2018

4/2/18... General Conference was incredible!

Dinner after Haley's baptism
I can't believe how fast the weeks are going by! It is crazy! I guess a lot happened this week! 
General Conference was incredible! I can't wait for the day when there will be a temple in Charlotte!

I had a few opportunities this week where we were asked to give priesthood blessings. One we got called to go give a lady who wasn't a member a blessing in the hospital and we had a member come with us. She was super nice she just wanted to get out of the hospital so bad.  I could just see it was exactly like what Grandpa Morgan was probably doing! Bless his heart! She didn't want want us to give her a blessing, but we were able to pray with her. We had a similar experience later in the week with a guy named Tim, who was in the hospital all week from a  seizure. We felt prompted to ask if he would like a blessing, he said no, but we were also able to pray with him. I'm grateful for the priesthood to be able to at least offer service and help from our Heavenly Father. The experiences I've had on my mission with the priesthood have strengthened my faith in the Savior so much.  It's made me want to be a better person to try my best to be worthy of such a great blessing. 

We had a zone conference on Friday.  We drove down to Gastonia. It was really good, there were some powerful talks given by the assistants and President and Sister Alexander.  They all talked about families, and the ministering of angels. I've learned a lot more about the ministering of angels on my mission, and they are just as involved in this work as we are. That is something we can always have comfort in, angels will be round about us as we submit our will to the Lord's.  

We also got prepared for the Gladys Knight event and we learned how to approach people when they order a free gift bag and stuff.  Then we got to watch a few of her concert songs so we could know what to expect! It was pretty funny watching the Pipps... haha.  I would so dress up as the Pipps for a talent show.  They had some mean moves!  

That night we got to go to Haley's baptism who is in Gastonia.  She is Destany's age and Destany had been fellowshipping her and helped her a lot.  We went down there and got some dinner with them afterwards at Showmars. 

Obviously for those that watched General Conference... it was kind boggling! So many things got announced. The Spirit was strong and testified of the true and living church that continues to make adjustments to help us become better people and prepare the way for the Savior. The whole time I was impressed by the urgency to hasten the work that the brethren of the 12 have! It's incredible! My favorite talk was by Elder Durrant on Saturday. The importance of teaching in the home. It stuck out to me a lot, I'm grateful to have parents that taught me and were great examples. 

For Pday, we just got done playing gatorball, which y'all would love it's a little like solleyball! Except no volleyball. You play on a soccer field and you can kick it or throw it in the goal.  You can catch it in the air and run with it. It was pretty intense, there's a lot of fun elders in this zone, so it got heated! Now we are about to play some b ball @ the church. 

Love y'all, 
Love you mom, 
Elder Morgan 
Pic of the fresh cut today

Qs 
Do you need anything?
I'm doing great! I'm trying to budget better and not ask for money so that I can be better at budgeting when I get home :) 
How is the pilot program going?
It's great
Are you still not tracting at all? Or how are you finding?
Well we don't call it tracting--they don't like that word, but we do knock on quite a bit of doors still. We go around people that we know or want to see and we find through members where we help them share the gospel, which is most effective right now. We'll have a lot of opportunities after the Gladys Knight event too 
Conner Olsens mission just got on Facebook and got smart phones too!
The main things is Facebook Messenger and being able to contact people over Facebook.  Our mission doesn't do much with the actual Facebook part right now. But I heard some do a lot more than us so he could be using it a lot or just a little. 
How is Elder Osbourne?
He is doing a lot better-- I'm impressed with how well he's stepped it up--Heavenly Father definitely is aware of what's happening. 


Hey Dad!
Had a good week this week. Working hard but it's been tough feeling like I'm working hard because we've had a hard time finding people who are willing to repent. I don't know what the problem is but I'm trying to figure it out. Just want to help people and it's not going like I hope. I still love it here and I know the Lord has people for us here to find.
I've felt the companionship of the spirit the strongest these last couple months and I just want to keep going. 

I hope y'all are loving it out there stil! 
Love you 
Elder Morgan





No comments:

Post a Comment