Monday, April 16, 2018

4/16/18... Transfer to Reedy Creek with Elder Hull AND Elder Anderson

Sooooo hello everyone!!  

This week has been one for the books for sure. Tuesday night around 8:50p, right when we thought we were off the hook, we got a call from President and he told us I was getting transferred. So right now I am in Reedy Creek, and I'm so stoked! This is one of the most coveted areas in the mission!  It has almost all of uptown Charlotte in it and east of Charlotte. It's going to be so much fun.

Saturday we were driving to go see someone and we were in uptown and it was just crazy. The city was packed and on one of the corners was a big Black Israelite stand. I don't know much about them, but I know they hate us... haha They don't like the missionaries.  They were all dressed like they were ready for war and had speakers and a microphone just preaching. But I'm almost 90% sure if we would have gotten out of the car, we could have been shot instantly... haha. It was something you would see on a movie, honestly. 

Tuesday I can't even remember what happened really.  All I remember is that a member took us to Golden Corral and it feels like it was a year ago already. Then Wednesday was pretty busy.  We went to say goodbye to as many people as we could and had a few lessons in the afternoon. Shelby was definitely my hardest area to leave, mostly because I know that I am going into my last area and I'll probably finish here. It just hit me more as I was packing. I will miss a lot of the people from Shelby and I'm so grateful for the experiences that I had and the people I got to meet and be a part of their lives. Shelby is a great place, I'll never forget my time there. I got to say goodbye to the Hickmans and the Simpsons, Tom and Destany and everyone else. Brother Camp drove us down to Charlotte on Thursday.



 This week has been such a blast though.  My new companions--yes, plural--are Elder Hull and Elder Anderson. They are a ton of fun and we have been having a really good time. I think there is a good chance that we will even be together for the rest of my time. After the Gladys Knight event, Reedy Creek got the most referrals. 26! So we have been seriously running around like crazy trying to give the gift bags to them all and teach them more. It's been really busy. We met a family this week who we are really excited about. We got to talking with the mom and she is just really set on getting on the right path with her and her family. She has 3 kids and they started to read the scriptures at night and say family prayer together. We had a ride for them and everything to church, but she ended up getting called into work last minute.  It's always interesting getting to know the members of the ward in a new place. They weren't super welcoming at the start, so we really are hoping to get the member trust up this transfer because it is so key to have a good relationship with the ward. I'm really excited to be here and see what the Lord has in store for us. 

Overall it was a great week, I'm sad to leave Shelby but it'll be a good time to grow and be in a new place.  

Love y'all!

Love you mom 

Here is my new address: 

6022 Apt. D Delta Crossing Lane 

Charlotte, NC 28212 






No comments:

Post a Comment