Monday, April 9, 2018

4/9/18... The Gladys Knight show and splits with the one and only Elder Montandon!

Picture from the Gladys Knight show!
Elder Zesiger, Withers, Dana, Montandon, and Arias and Osborne. The whole district.
The girls are Haley, a recent convert, Ali, who is getting baptized, and Destany.

This week has definitely been eventful! We had the Gladys Knight show this Saturday. So, Gladys goes around and does these shows in chapels.  It's a good way to feel the spirit while listening to some gospel music while she shares her testimony of the restored gospel. It was incredible. The choir was so good. They sang some really good songs that had everyone shouting and clapping which most of y'all know is not like our normal hymns at church! We went to the 4 pm show and the 7:30pm show because we had some people from Shelby come to both. It was so lit tho.  haha. There were some young kids in the choir as well who sang and it blew my mind how good they were. One kid played the ukulele and sang The Lord is my Light.  It was way good--I think it inspired me to bare down and learn how to play the ukulele when I get home.  Before my mission, every time I picked it up, I got frustrated. haha. It was some good music though and so fun-- was almost like we got to go to a concert haha. But on the other hand, she bore a super powerful testimony of the Savior and the gospel. Her husband spoke too and he was hilarious, but he also bore a really powerful testimony of his conversion and the restored gospel! I think we got 6 or 7 referrals from it too, so we are stoked to go follow up with the people.
Also, this week, I got to go on exchanges with the one and only Elder Montandon!! It was super fun being with him again.  He has grown a lot since last time we were companions. It's also been almost a year and a half! We had a really good time. Oh… and idk if I told y'all...he got switched to a Spanish elder! Probably because his trainer didn't do well enough teaching him in English ;)  We taught a lesson in Spanish and I kind of just sat there and talked English to the kids every couple minutes. Sometimes when I was with Elder Johnsen, I would get pretty sleepy in those Spanish lessons lol. Then we taught a girl named Allie at their bishop's house.  It was a really powerful lesson.  She's going to get baptized at the end of this month and she's good friends with Destany and Haley. It's pretty incredible the story that those 3 girls have. Destany had to overcome a lot of opposition and she was able to help Haley overcome her opposition before joining the church now they both are able to help Allie who is getting a lot of opposition as well. The Lord has incredible timing, and it's a blessing to get to witness His hand in this work. 

Monday, we had a really good lesson with a lady named Toni. We went over and she opened up to us a little bit and she talked about how she had a spirit in her house that was kind of tormenting her. We helped her with that and then had a lesson. I'm so grateful that I get to teach people about the restoration and how it's blessed my life. 

Right now, we are playing some basketball for pday and we went and threw earlier. We've been going out in the mornings to throw sometimes which has been a lot of fun. 

Love y'all!
Love you mom!
Saw Amanda again!
This sister said she knows y'all!
She was in the YSA ward in Kennewick or something!
Small world!

Qs
When are transfers?  
They are this week! We find out tomorrow night probably about what's going down. I have no idea what's going to happen tho. It's probably a 50/50 of I stay or if I go. 
Do you need anything??  
I'm pretty good right now thanks!
Have you heard anymore from your coach?  
Ya he sent an email out last week about classes and schedules, pretty much the exact same thing that you got. 
WHAT CLASSES DO YOU WANT TO TAKE??
I really don't know. I need you to send me the options. I know I want to try and take some business and leadership classes.
I am going to call that school counselor, Paul-something?  and get you registered...
Ok thank you, could you send me the options this week so I can think on it a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment