Monday, May 7, 2018

5/7/18... Every goal we set this week, each day we actually accomplished...except 1

Hey what's up y'all!


It's been super busy week. We had a long meeting almost all of Tuesday. It was actually a really good meeting though, we felt inspired to focus on setting daily goals. So everyday this week we set goals, either contacting a certain amount of people, finding a new investigator, planning for something. Every goal we set this week each day we actually accomplished...except 1 :(. But it was super inspiring to see that, once you put your mind to something and keep it on your mind for the day you get a lot done. We put a sticky note in our car of what we wanted to focus on. I think I actually want to try and make this a habit and do it when I get home too. It'll be hard to remember but you feel so accomplished when you set a goal and reach it. We also talked about doing church tours with people to help them get familiar with the church building before they come. We actually had a church tour the next day with President and Sister Alexander. Sister Alexander had been sharing the gospel with her hair dresser for a few months and she wanted to come see the church. So we showed her around the church...honestly it felt a little but awkward with President watching our every move, he didn't talk much so it was weird. But she seemed to really like it, she even started to cry a bit at the end, I think she felt the spirit while we were sitting in the chapel. Then President took us all out to dinner afterwards to a little pizza place, that was fun. 

Wednesday we had interviews with President. Those are always really good, good to be able to talk and get some advice from him. He talked to me about possible classes and said he would talk to me more about business before I go home, which I would like a lot because he is a very successful business man. He told me to do 2 things with my time left. Enjoy it, and pass on what I've learned to younger missionaries. He also talked about how we need to live in the now, not wait for the next event in life to be happy. Don't wait to graduate college to be happy but enjoy college and try your best now! Tyler would always say that! It's a good life motto!! 

We found a few new people to teach this week and I'm actually really excited for a lesson we have tonight, with a referral. She seems super excited about the gospel so I hope it pans out and she feels the spirit in our lesson today. Later tonight we have a dinner with an investigator at a her house too so hopefully that all goes good and she enjoys that. That's with Sandra, and Sandra actually fasted for the first time this week!  We started the fast with her and so we will see tonight how she enjoyed that....they're obviously hard to enjoy haha but hopefully she has felt some spiritual strength from it! 

Today we got haircuts in uptown from a member in our ward and he pretty much cut all my hair with a straight razor! It was wild he was so good! It was really impressive to watch him do it. He shaved my neck too which was awesome! Barbers are legit, idk If I want to to to just any great clips anymore haha. Then had some activity, and we did an Olympics where district competed against district and chose one person for each event. It was pretty fun I think people had fun. Then we played disc golf after and I had a lot of fun, I didn't think I'd really like it but it was fun. It was super hot so I day dreamed of getting out on the boat in a few months a little bit today eeehhhhh! Time has been flying... But I still got a good chunk of time left out here. 


Overall great week. We unfortunately didn't have anybody at church one of our investigators we thought was going to come was totally MIA all week. It was a bummer about that but hopefully things work out this week, cross your fingas. 

Qs

FIRST THINGS FIRST...WHEN ARE WE SKYPING???!!  D MINUS 7 DAYS by my count!!!  I am SO excited to SEE you I can hardly wait.  I watched the video of our whole Skype from Christmas the other day... I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

--Our church is at 10am-1pm Pacific time which is 1-3pm your time.  I may have Ward Council at 8 but I would much rather Skype with you if it is better for you in the morning.  


Let's plan on skyping at 4pm my time. So right after church for y'all. Does that sound good? We just have church at 9-12 est. Then with y'alls church, we can do if after that at 4 my time. 


Does your mission do the "After Mission Prep" program?  I remember when Tyler was out, they started a program where the missionaries would set certain goals and make plans for their futures after the mission. I was talking to Sam Smith at church today and he told me the sister missionaries in their ward are doing it... Does your mission do that?


Ya it starts when you have 6 weeks left, so I'll start mine in about 6 weeks. It's called my plan and I guess it goes through like dating and temple marriage so that'll be fun 😊


How are the tablets and smart phones going?  Dad went to a lesson here where the missionaries had a family just watch the restoration video on their little phone while the missionaries and dad just sat there because the screen was so small they couldn't see it...  Are you allowed to use a cord to hook your phone to the tv?  That would have been nice... then they could have all seen and discussed...  just wondering what all you are doing with the added technology.  It is so amazing.  


They're good, I definitely wouldn't watch the restoration movie on a smart phone, that's a little weird. They're really good for showing pictures of what you're teaching, or a small video for the kids. I use my tablet for videos way more than the phone because it's so small. I think they're great though. You can if you buy a cable that hooks to a tv but those are pretty expensive I think. 


Did you get the shirts???  It said they were delivered last week.

Yes they're perfect....the office didn't notify us, which is kind of annoying but oh well


Did you get the Amazon Pantry?  Did you like it?  I hope the brands I picked were okay.. I know you don't like spicy stuff so that was literally the only non spicy chili and mild salsa... they don't have the Pace mild chunky that you like so I try to get the next best thing.  Hope it all tastes okay. 


Yes loved it! You're the best, I've gotten a little better with spicy foods since being on my mission lol. Like I can eat some siracha sauce on my food now, but it destroys my insides if you know what I mean! 


Love y'all!

Love you mom! Talk to you soon!

Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment