Monday, May 14, 2018

5/14/18... Happy Mother's Day!

This week was a complete blur haha  

All I remember is I went to bed every night exhausted and woke up wishing I had more time to sleep!  We had to take the car into the shop this Thursday because the elders who lived here before us rear ended someone before we got here. So Thursday we lucked up and got to pick up the mission 12 passenger van and drove that the rest of the night. 

Then Friday we had our zone conference, which was really good. Had a lot of talks on using family history work to find new people to teach, kind of keeping that in our mind. We talked about how we can strengthen our testimonies of it before we share. My testimony has grown a little bit with it when I am helping people do family history and a few names that they didn't know will pop up and fill in and to watch their faces and how they react is pretty cool to watch. I haven't really had that experience for myself, but I hope to one day. I gave a short talk too on being personable yet dignified. I thought there were two main points that stuck out to me about it--one was to be confident that the Lord has blessed each of us with different talents and abilities to bless the lives of others. And two was to remember that our purpose as missionaries is to help people come to Christ. I think it helps you be yourself knowing you're unique and have been placed In a certain place for a reason. And remember the purpose you are here helps you be dignified. Idk I hope it helped someone at least. 

Saturday was a crazy day! Everything seemed to just go wrong haha. I'll walk ya through the day. I tried to patch a hole in my bike tire before studies...because i was racing the other elders in one night and threw my bike over the rail and tried to go through the back door and my tire popped😤. So the patch ripped and my tire was flat again. The assistants dropped us off with our bikes at our first appointment at 10. No answer. Thought we could walk to a close bike shop....nearest on is 3 miles. Walk to a gas station thinking they'll have one and it didn't work. Tried Family Dollar, nothing. As we were walking out, a guy yelled and told us he has a compressor in his truck! This man is a saint. haha  We were so frustrated at this point. His pump could only get it half full so we biked to our next appointment at 12. Had lunch with them too. Their neighbor had a compressor and it wasn't working...then right before we were about to walk to a different bike shop, he runs out with a hand pump that did the job. FINALLY! Then we mobbed to a few people after that, stopped at the church to crack some cold ones ( a dewsky of course). Then biked to our dinner appointment.  It was the 2nd counselor so we had a good talk with him about the missionary work in the ward. Then we met with bishop that night too.  By this time we smelled like pigs. Had a good discussion with him too. Then we got a ride home from the assistants. It was a long day to say the least! 
Then obviously got to top the week off by talking to the fam yesterday which was super fun! So good to see everyone and get to talk.  It was awesome. This week should be super busy again so I'll try and remember what happens, and take lots of pictures, Mom! 
Just got done playing some disc golf. It was pretty fun, I was super tired so I wasn't too into it. I can chuck the friz pretty good I just don't totally know where it's going lol. We're going to help someone move tonight and then have an appointment with Sandra and a lady named Tonya who hopefully we'll be able to have a good lesson with them tonight! 

Love y'all! 
"Live in the now!"

Love you mom 
Elder Morgan 


No comments:

Post a Comment