Monday, August 7, 2017

8/7/17...I can't believe I just passed my year mark. And I got to go to the PGA tour!


 

The weeks just keep flying by. I can't believe I just passed my year mark. Well today was pretty crazy! Last week we golfed with a member named Brother Spear and it was a ton of fun. He talked to us about going to the PGA tour with him this Wednesday and we told him we couldn't go. This guy also uber drives, so he talked to some guys he uber drove and they had a ton of passes so they asked him if he wanted any and they gave him 4 for Wednesday for free. Then Sunday came and he went to pick them up and he said well just take these 4 for Monday.  I can't sell them. They were Wanamaker passes. Brother Sears couldn't go Monday so he told us if we wanted them, we could go. Well we capitalized on those and went the the PGA tour! It was practice rounds but I got to see Jordan Speith on hole 9 and got a pic by him. It was a great experience! 
Tuesday I went to Mooresville to pick up my companion Elder Johnsen and said bye to Elder Carroll. It was sad, but it had to happen. Elder Johnsen is great though.  We have had such a good time together. We were able to find some great people this week. One of them was Jason Thomas--we taught him Tuesday night. He was so prepared. He met with missionaries 3 years ago and he had problems with drinking and smoking and some law of chastity probs. He couldn't commit to anything to the missionaries so they stopped visiting him. Well found him the other night and we got talking and he has stopped drinking and smoking and has gotten married now. The Lord definitely prepared him, he stopped doing those things because he felt he was sinning.  It was so sweet talking to him and listening to him say this. He felt he was ready to commit to baptism this time and he really is going to pray to know if Thomas S Monson is a prophet. It was a great lesson, we are teaching him tonight and I think he'll probably set a date for baptism and even come to church. I'm excited.  
Jo is still doing great. He is so set for baptism and committed.  He came to church.  We taught him the Plan of Salvation, he said he wants to make it to the celestial kingdom and receive a fulness of glory and joy.  It was pretty neat 
I love listening to people talk about experiences they've had that the Lord has prepared them over time, it's amazing, if people are searching for guidance or looking in any way we will find them because the Lord knows whose ready. They will find the church or missionaries in some way if they're looking for truth. I love being a part of the Lord's work.    
I've had a great time with Elder Johnsen so far.  We have a lot of the same things in common...it's pretty crazy. He is going to play football again for Utah State. Her from Ventura, California.  

More Qs

COMP

How is that going?

Really good I like him a lot we are going to have a good time together and work hard! He is really athletic and he goes home in 3 months so I'll probably be his last companion. 

I didn't get any pics last week so send one of the two of you together so we can see what he looks like.  

Did you get the package?

No 

What protein brand and flavor do you like?

Any, maybe whey protein?

Do the basketball shoes fit?

?wish I could say lol

Did you like the surprise tucked in the shoes?

Idk yet 

Do you need anything?

No you're the best

Have you heard how Elder Hutchen's sister is doing in Salisbury?

Not yet, I'm going to message her though. I really hope she is doing well I was bummed I didn't even get to say bye. 


I love y'all have a great week!! 
Love Elder Morgan






 

  





 



 



No comments:

Post a Comment