Monday, August 21, 2017

8/21/17... We found some great people this week... Saw the solar eclipse...And my tablet got stolen...


Hey y'all! 

Guess what? Right now we are driving down to a place called Chester, furthest in the mission South. To go see the total Solar Eclipse! Yup total I said it! I don't know if it'll be anything sweet or what not but we're going just in case we really don't wanna miss. Hopefully it's not lame, it's going to be almost an all p day thing. Oh well. 

We found some great people this week! We got a referral from the Sharon sisters named Miles.  He's 26 and he had been to church. It's kind of interesting though, he might of just been interested in the sisters than the message.  He keeps texting them about taking them to dinner or something.  It's weird that he doesn't want to take us out to dinner... fishy. 

We went on exchange with Elder Shultz and Elder Grieve. Elder Grieve came here with me, and Elder Johnsen went to Mathews with Elder Shultz. It was pretty fun, we had dinner with the Sheppards and an elder that went home a bit ago came back and visited and it was pretty fun talking to him and his family.  They're all Canadian. Canadians are really weird but funny haha. Then we went and taught Jason after that. It was such a good lesson.  We had Brother Malave come with us who's a Spanish member that's a super fun, chill guy. We taught the Word of Wisdom and it went so well. He had quit most of the things a couple years prior. He quit drinking coffee the week before and said after he quit coffee nothing is hard at all. So he said he'd stop drinking tea as well. It was amazing, Jason is so elect it's awesome. We went and got pho with him on Saturday as well. He came to church on Sunday all looking fresh in his suit. He seemed to like it a lot. He even volunteered to help with nursery until they had him come back into elders quorum haha. It was pretty sweet. He's such a solid guy, I think he'll be a leader in the church one day. 

Oh my goodness I need to tell you what happened on Wednesday too. So We went to district meetings and exchanged back after, then we went to go eat at Mr. Tokyo and we went in to eat and we come back out and head back to our apartment to change and I looked around for my tablet and it was gone. I couldn't find it. We drove back to Mr. Tokyo and asked if they saw it at all, but I didn't think that I brought it in. The only thing that could have happened was it got stolen out of our car. So someone stole my tablet out of our car during lunch. We then called the mission office and told them, they wiped my tablet and we're able to get me a loaner tablet. I was so worried I lost all the pictures I had taken but it somehow downloaded everything I had on my old tablet. 

Thursday we got a call back from Jo and he told us he wanted to push the baptism back a little bit. We were a little bummed just because we had planned a lot of it. But I understood, Jo is kind of doing this with not much support from his family and his dad started to push back against him. So we are just taking it a little bit slower with him. He still wants to get baptized so it'll probably be early September. 
  
Elder Johnsen and I are getting along really good.  We have a ton in common.  Our dogs are both named Max, his brother's name is Jeffrey Parker.  And mine is Parker Jeffrey. Crazy.

Love y'all 
Love you mom! 


Qs
Do you need new garment tops?  What kind and what size?
Yes please! Size Medium

Do you need anything else?  Not right now I'll send you an email about something you need to know. 

Did you get the new protein powder I sent?  No I might need to go check the office.

Are you lifting??  You know it! I'm a few Lbs here and there.   

How do the basketball shoes fit? Yes 😍I love them, they're so sweet and feel really good when I play in them. 

Amazon pantry wish list?  You didn't tell me anything last week! Zone perfect fudge graham protein bars. Cereal. Don't send the tv dinners though --Don't like those anymore lol. 

Yes I'll need you to buy me a new tablet, I have 3 weeks with the loaner. I'm so sorry, this is expensive and I feel really bad about all of this. 

Samsung galaxy s2 tablet. The smaller one. Get me a sweet case with it if you could. I don't like the case they come with. 

Okay. I'll get on it now. Don't worry about it. It is a bummer, but now you will always be sure to lock it up. 
Dishonesty is the worst!!!  

Read ASAP:
So a couple weeks ago right after the pga tour when we were leaving I tripped and fell into the side of a car, I dented it a bit on accident probably about 4 inches on the left side by the tail light. I left a note on the guys car and we had to leave for dinner. 

He called and we talked about it. And he said he took it in and he gave me the estimate number, 1200$ I didn't  really believe him and we talked and he said he would take it in to another guy. He came back with another number and told me 1380$  for a fender.... one fender. On a Hyundai....

So I need to talk to him and i told him id get my insurance information from you. Which i dont even want to have to deal with, it's just kind of stressful on top of missionary work. 
But i told him I'd get my information from you and get back to him with it. 

What should I do? 

Email me back when you get my email. I just need some advice, 1200 sounds like way too much I'd think it's be 400$ 

I just talked to Dad. He asked if you had talked to the mission office--and what did they say??  I don't think it would be worth it to turn it into insurance because of our deductible. I would pay the bill directly if you can get they place to send you the bill. I know cars cost a ton to fix but maybe the mission office will tell you where he should get a bid and then we will know if it's a legit bid. Then whatever you and the guy decide is fair, we can pay the place directly.  (Off of an invoice, of course)
Sorry that happened!
143!

Ok what do I pay with? I haven't even talked to mission office about it. 
Should he just email me the information on it? 

I told the guy to take it into a Maaco where the church takes the cars in and he told me he wouldn't get no cheap job on it. Can I tell him to still go there even if he says no? I kind of feel that this by is scamming me, it was a 4 inch dent....

He doesn't have to get it fixed there. We just need to make sure it's in the same price range. Then we can split the difference. Tell him you understand that you don't want a cheap fix job. You want it done right--you just really trust the guys at Maaco. 

Send me a picture of the invoice when you get it. 
I do think it's important for you to have him get a bid at a shop you choose as well so you know he is not hosing you. If your shop comes out with a bid in the same ballpark, then you know he's not hosing you. Ask a member or the mission couple in charge of cars. They probably have a contract with a shop. 

 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment