Monday, August 14, 2017

8/14/17... Great week...exchange with Elder Huff, lesson with President, Sunday dinner, sushi and a package!

Sup y'all! 

Had a great week. Had some good miracles this week also. 

Went on exchange this Wednesday with Elder Huff. It was super fun, we found a new lady to teach named Iliana. We had a meeting on Tuesday and talked a lot about connecting people with the Book of Mormon and finding something that can connect with them, because anything can really. So we connected her really well with the  Book of Mormon and it was really good.  She liked it and her heart opened a lot when we read her a scripture.  We taught Jason on exchange this night also and it went super good, we asked him to set a date and he was like ok let's do this I'm thinking September 8th. He has quit drinking coffee this week already.  He is also coming to church this next Sunday.  He said he's busting out the suits.  He also invited us to go get lunch with him this Saturday.  We went and got some Vietnamese Pho. It was so good it changed my life I think lol I was in love. I got converted to the pho life. It was amazing. I think we're going every Saturday from now on. 😍

Friday night President Alexander called us and told us to bring an investigator over Saturday night so his grandkids can teach him.  We ended up being able to get Jo to come with us.  And a member to take us up.  We went and it was fun.  We ate pizza. Then the kids taught the restoration. It was a little all over the place but it was probably a lot better than I would have done at their age!  Then we taught the Word of Wisdom and Jo was committed to live it.  He came to church the next day as well.  He is so amazing.  Ever since we came and taught him they first night, he has kept every commitment and anything that we have asked him.  He is totally doing this on his own without much family support either. It's pretty amazing. He inspires me. 

Sunday we went and had dinner with one of the bug guys here and his wife, who isn't a member.  They're super fun we had a good time and they had this really good French toast casserole. Sarah's gotta make it sometime for me when I get back.
This week we went and got some sushi at this restaurant down the road😍 It was amazing. I like sushi so much now. But this is not a good thing because it's a little spendy sometimes. 


  
Mom I got the package! Thank you so much I loved it! The shoes are so sweet! I love the tie and the glasses, all of it was much needed!  You must be so close to the spirit because I think everything in there was inspired.  You're the best. 
We went and played basketball in the morning this week, and it was so sick.  We had 12 elders there and we played 4 on 4 on 4 continuous and we were getting smacked for a while until we started heating up and we couldn't be stopped.  We came back and won, of course. No surprise. Jk but really. 

Also shout out to mi padre! Happy Birthday Dad! I'm glad y'all had a blast at the narrows. 

Love y'all! 


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment