Monday, July 31, 2017

7/31/17... It's been a great transfer. I'm sad to see Elder Carroll go, but we'll be good friends for a long time.

This has been quit the crazy week! We have been running everywhere. Also went on 3 exchanges in a row so I barely even saw Elder Carroll this week until Saturday.  I'll talk more about it.  Also transfers this week.  And finished off with some golf today--a member took us to play 18 it was so fun...except I had to play right handed but hey i hit the ball pretty clean playing righty.  It wasn't bad. 

Played some basketball early this morning with some elders that go home soon.  It was a ton of fun, everyone is really competitive so it gets serious. I guard Elder Brown who is going to play at Big Bend CC so it's really fun. I got elbowed in the mouth pretty good and almost had to get stitches!

Don't even know where to start, it's all a blur every time it gets to Monday. So last Monday was a lot of fun we went fishing I think I told y'all about that, caught some big bass ;) Tuesday was a good day, Elder Carroll and I just worked hard.  We knew it would be one of our last days together until Saturday. Wednesday we went to district meeting which was great..  We had some great trainings on teaching skills.  I love working on my teaching skills.  They can always improve.  But it's almost like teachings skills are how can I better follow the Spirit in lessons. Right after that we went on exchange and I stayed in Pineville with Elder Olsen. We saw a ton of miracles!  We went saw a couple less actives that turned out to have part member homes.  We taught 2 sisters about the Book of Mormon and how important it is to read everyday, then one of the sister's boyfriend was there so we were able to go teach the boyfriend about it as well and they committed to read it everyday and come to church next Sunday!  Next lady we taught was a lady who's sister requested missionaries to go and give her a blessing.  We went over and started teaching her as well and she could possibly be very prepared.  Her sister got put up for adoption and, crazy story, but she found her and her sister is LDS and she wants to learn a lot more!  Amazing! 

Thursday after studies we drive over to the Fort Mill 1 area and exchange with the elders there!  I went with and Elder Osborne whose been out a out a year as well.  We found some great people, we taught a young guy on his porch just at 9 and he was pretty interested we were excited about him!  Had a good night over there.  Then,,.. after studies elder Carroll and I get back together just to drive over to the church and exchange with the Waxhaw elders!  It was so wild!  We exchange our stuff and Elder Talgo and I drive down to Waxhaw when suddenly we get a call from Elder Carroll to remind me that I had the keys to our car in Pineville still!!  So I totally made them bike all night because I accidentally took the keys!  They had some crazy story though, they ran into a guy that started to prophecy at them and all this other crazy stuff.  But the whole day Elder Talgo was telling me about this dinner appointment that we had planned at this trailer park home and how it was just a gnarly house and last time they went there, there was a dead cat in the living room. I was soooo scared!  So we put in the directions and we drive to this house and I see the address and I was like this has got to be the wrong place....he said nope this is it.....it was the biggest house I have EVER been in... maybe even seen.  It was massive, I would liken it to Bruce Wayne's mansion! 

We exchanged back Saturday!  And we had to go over to President's house to get Elder Grieve and go to some appointments because the other 2 assistants are going home and had interviews with President.  Well we get there and they hadn't eaten lunch so Sister Alexander made us all lunch and we ate with President and the assistants!  It was so fun!  We went and taught some people in their area.  We went and had dinner at Matt Olsen's after and then went and picked up Jo with him and got him a white shirt and some slacks for him to wear to church.  We then went back to Matt's house and Jo and his friend Kisel ate, then we taught them the restoration and it was amazing.  The Spirit was so strong.  Jo bore his testimony to his friend about how he knows it's true already.  His friend said he already knows it's true.  It was a sweet moment. 

Sunday morning we got transfer calls and we found out where everyone is going. Elder Carroll is going to Winston Salem!  My home town!  And guess who his companion is....its Elder Zesiger!  My MTC companion!  My new companion is going to be Elder Johnson, don't know him yet, he is a Spanish speaker but is white and speaks English as well.  He has been out almost 2 years, I think. He is going to play football in college, maybe, I heard.  We'll see, I've heard a ton of really good things about him! 
   
Overall it was a great week!  And had a blast with Elder Carroll this last month.  It's been a great transfer.  I'm sad to see him go but we'll be good friends for a long time. 

I'm loving it here in Pineville though it's been so good! The members are so nice and we find a lot of people to teach. This is definitely the Lord's work and I am just grateful he trusts me to be a part of it. 

Love y'all! 
Elder Morgan 

Ya I'm doing really good! Little stressed about transfers, but that happens every time. I'm going to miss Elder Carroll.  We had a blast. 
I never got the protein you said that got shipped either. Hopefully no one snaked it. 
Guess what? 
Chrystal from Salisbury, got baptized that one week and a couple days before I left we taught her mom.  Well, her mom and husband got baptized and her sister got baptized!  Now some other family members are being taught!  How sweet is that? 

 








No comments:

Post a Comment