Monday, July 24, 2017

7/24/17... So I've served in 2 states now!


  
Such a great week!  
it's a bummer Elder Carroll and I will probably only get to be together one transfer.  We get along really good. He's super funny and we both like to work hard so we are seeing a lot of miracles! 

Jo was able to come to mutual this week with the young men and I guess he really liked it.  He is getting to know some of the kids better and he is really great. He came to church this Sunday again and the youth had a combined Sunday School jeopardy and Jo answered a couple questions right I guess. Oh and on Saturday there were some sisters here in Providence that had a baptism and Jo said he wanted to go so we scrambled to find a ride and called a ton of people. Finally we called one of the young guys in the ward that are just here for summer sales and they said they could take us. His name is Matt Olsen and his brother actually served in the YSA last February in Kennewick. Do y'all remember him? 

Went on exchanges twice this last week with Catawba elders.  They're in South Carolina so I've served in 2 states now! Then went on one with Lancaster, they're in SC too but I stayed in Pineville. We found a couple of great new investigators this last week. We are just praying we can get back in contact with some of the new investigators we found 2 weeks ago. We haven't been able to talk to Maria and Ava who could be pretty solid. But I totally messed up I texted Maria when I meant to text one of the members and asked if they'd come to the appointment so I'm hoping Maria didn't get freaked out or something. 

We had a great lesson with Beryl and Davis this week, we watched the Restoration video with them and I think Beryl really felt the Spirit while watching it and she even likened Joseph's situation to her own. They weren't able to come to church which is a bummer.  We are really trying to get her to feel comfortable with the ladies from relief society. 

We just got done fishing all day! It was so fun. We went on the Catawba river and tried to catch some cats. I caught a couple bass and a couple sunfish but nothing big. It was a bummer. But it was super fun. We bought some good bait just hung out on this super sweet river. It was really peaceful. Elder Fulmer and Elder Watson are the ones we fished with. I'll send some pictures of it.


Elder Fulmer and Elder Watson

We were able to find a member last week that just moved in. We talked to her and she joined in the D.R. when she was younger and loves the church. We set up a return appointment and we went to try her and her mom answered and told us she wasn't there, so we started talking to her mom about the church and about the restoration and she was pretty intrigued it was exciting, there's a ton of nonmembers in the home and I think there's some pretty good potential there. Unfortunately Poly kind of dropped off this week.  She told us she's just too busy right now. It's a little frustrating because we can't speak Spanish to help resolve any concerns or what not. We had a great week though! 

We have been doing a Book of Mormon read as a mission and it has been amazing. We're reading it in 4 months so we are finishing November 10th. And we are highlighting the Christlike attributes that we see. I have been in awe of how obedient Nephi is and how he will follow the Lord in all that happens.  He trusts Him in every situation. I've been striving to develop Christlike attributes more. It's not easy but it all comes line upon line precept upon precept.  And we receive that which we are ready for. I've come to love Preach my Gospel and the Book of Mormon. Something I learned the other week in my studies is that in   
2 Nephi 32:10-13 Nephi tells us he will see us face to face at the Judgement bar. Then in Moroni 10:27 Moroni tells us he will also stand face to face with us at the Judgement bar of God. Christ will ask us how well we used the Book of Mormon. And I'm guessing they will ask us if we put an honest effort in reading the Book of Mormon everyday like our prophet has commanded us.....what will you be able to tell Nephi and Moroni? This hit me hard. 

I love the Book of Mormon. I don't want to go a day in my life without reading it. I know without a doubt that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that he has restored His church on the earth today. The power and authority of God is on the earth today and it's found in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, it was restored through the prophet Joseph Smith. Christ lives and guides us through a prophet today. I'm grateful for the knowledge of these eternal truths. I love the Gospel. 

Love,
Elder Morgan 





 


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment