Monday, May 8, 2017

5/8/17... Elder Kimball and I will be staying and Elder Leavitt will be one of my new zone leaders here!

Quick shout out to Parker for being such a beast at track.  And Lisa for finally turning 40😆. Happy Bday! 

Had a great week! We got transfer calls as well, and Elder Kimball and I will be staying here in Salisbury at least another transfer. And guess what? My trainer Elder Leavitt will be my new zone leaders here! I'm so excited to serve around him again!  I can't wait to go on exchange with him here it'll be so fun! 

Monday was so fun last week we went and played beach volleyball again at the Messiscos and it started pouring on us again. It's super fun because Elder Kimball is super competitive and so we have a good time playing. It was so fun this week.  We tracted 2 of the colleges here Livingstone and Catawba. Livingstone is an all black school...we stuck out so bad walking through it. haha  It was so fun talking to the college students too. Then we talked to a member here that tracted it with missionaries and they got cursed out for being there so we had a pretty good welcome I guess haha. Catawba was pretty sweet, not a lot of people were out there as we thought would be on a Saturday night-- too many parties going on, I guess :,(  but it was pretty nice.....checked out the baseball field of course...well kept.  Not as good as Southridge field obviously. 

Tuesday we got a Book of Mormon referral! So someone that ordered a Book of Mormon online and wants us to come give it to him. We went and saw him, he was super excited to see us.  We taught him the restoration put him on date and then he wanted to come to church! We were stoked! He didn't make it to church but hopefully he will progress! 

We're going to play some v ball today and already went and played basketball this morning with Patrick and Mikey....we beat them and they had to buy us lunch. haha It was sweet. Then went and hit some baseball at the park! They want me to pitch to them next week I'm excited haha Elder Kimball is scared I'm going to hit him with the ball! 

I've been studying in Mark lately and also reading the Book of Mormon on my free time and diving deeper than I usually have in it. There's so much more that I'm learning this time through. I'm in 2 Nephi because I've been reading really slow to really understand everything.  It's amazing how much gospel knowledge Nephi and Jacob have that they teach at the beginning of 2 Nephi. I love in 2 Nephi 9 when I says to be carnally minded is death and spiritual minded is life eternal. I've been pondering that and the difference between being carnally minded and spiritually minded in all that we do. 
So often are we carnally minded and don't even realize it. I'm trying to be more spiritually minded lately! 


Qs

WHAT TIME SHOULD WE SKYPE???

Not sure what y'alls schedule is like-- I sent you an email. 


I cannot remember what accounts we used last time

Tyler's account:  wake2surf and pass:  gosuns!


Let me know if you got the amazon pantry... and if you gave any requests...

I didn't get one yet. 


Qs from Tyler...

What do you say when you street contact people?

Just start a conversation with them and maybe ask them a question to spark a gospel conversation then try and tie the conversation into the restoration and end with a invitation to investigate or read or be baptized or come to church anything really! 


What is the funniest thing that has happened in a lesson?

Ooh that's hard I'm not sure. So many people will prayer whisper here where they talk in your prayer and so sometimes Elder Kimball will just start laughing during it. That happens quit a bit though. I'll think of a better one. 


We had a lesson last week with a crazy guy and we're teaching the restoration and in the middle he just stops us and says "hey what's your girlfriends name?" I was dying! Then he says later ok pretend you and your girlfriend go to New York....I could hear y'all talking to me from New York. He was hearing voices is what he was saying! He was pretty Loco en la cabeza. 


Love yall!

Love you mom!

Elder Morgan 


Ok let's skype at 1:30 my time! I'll try and get a good computer or something to Skype from a member!







No comments:

Post a Comment