Monday, May 22, 2017

5/22/17...The doorbell rings...and IT WAS UNCLE DAVE AND MATTHEW!!


I had such a fun week! We were able to find 5 new people to teach and 1 part member family to work with so we are excited about it. 

I guess I'll tell the crazy story about last night first haha. So we had a super fun dinner with The Smyres and The Thomas', some young couples in our ward that are so funny. Brother Thomas actually served his mission here and came back and lived here. We visited a couple more people and then went back to our apartment. We get in and sit down I was about to call one of the companionships in the district and the doorbell rings. We had no idea who would be over at 9. I go look through the peep hole and don't really recognize anyone just see 2 people. I open the door and it took me about 5 seconds to realize what was going on.... IT WAS UNCLE DAVE AND MATTHEW!! so crazy! They were driving back from Duke across the country so they decided to pay me a visit. It was really fun actually they are so nice and they brought some Thai food and a gift card .  It was so nice and i hadn't seen Mathew since he got married!  

Ok let me tell the other crazy story of the week! We were super stoked about this Cheerwine Festival....its not wine lol. Cheerwine is a soda here that started in Salisbury and is huge in the south.  It was their 100th yr anniversary so we decided we'd go where the people are and talk to some people! We went at 12 until 3 and then we decided we'd go back after dinner. We found quite a bit of potential investigators too! It was exciting! We saw the officer that was checking out our car a couple months ago and I had to ask her if I could go to the bathroom in the bushes and guess what? We are going over to teach her this week! I was super stoked about it! When we went back after dinner and were walking through the crowd and I hear someone call out "brad" at first i was like, someone else is probably named brad right by me. Then I turn and Its one of the girls from the singles branch in Kennewick! It was so wild to see her there!  It was crazy!
Ok so now onto things here in NC haha. Chrystal Bennet went into the hospital Monday and they had her go into emergency c section. She was going to have twins but the little girl didn't make it. It was really sad she was only 2 lbs. We're really trying to get the ward involved right now.

At the Cheerwine festival we saw the officer that was called when someone called the cops because our car was parked suspiciously on the side of the road in a neighborhood. We got talking with her at the festival and she was so nice and we were able to exchange information so we can teach her the gospel I'm so excited she has a lot of potential I think. 

Wednesday was really fun, we had district meeting which was great then we went on exchanges with the zone leaders, Elder Shultz came here with me and Elder Leavitt was with Elder Kimball in Lexington. It was so fun, Elder Shultz and I get along so good.  We had so much fun. 
Just got done bowling with the Elder Shultz and Leavitt and Sister Peterson and Yoneseck.  It was a ton of fun actually, our zone it so fun to be in.  Sadly I'll probably be leaving after this transfer ends in a month, but you never know I could stay another transfer with Elder Kimball. 

Love you so much!
Elder Morgan 

No comments:

Post a Comment