Monday, October 9, 2017

10/9/17... The NCCM life

What's up y'all! 

This week flew by so I'm just trying to remember what happened lol. 

MLC (Mission Leadership Conference) was this Tuesday so it was super fun. We talked a lot on planning because we got these new smart phones.  It's a  Samsung j3 and it's not a super great phone... but it's night and day to what we had, so it's pretty legit. We can Skype more members into our lessons to get more fellowshippers. The new missionaries starting in January are going to come out with phones instead of tablets. And guess what? The rumor going around at MLC was that Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat might be some of the apps that we start using to proselyte......ya that'll be crazy to see how those go and how we would use them. So send me some snaps when we get it. Naw I don't think they'd want that haha. 
Then right after MLC we went on exchanges with Elder Cannon and Elder Samuelson, who is a new missionary. I went with Elder Samuelson in our area while Elder Johnsen went to their area in South Carolina. Elder Samuelson is awesome--guess what, he loves baseball! And chance the rapper...(favorite rapper). But we had a really good day, we went and taught the Nigerian family and it was really good. We read the Book of Mormon with them and they committed to come to church and come and do a Church Tour that Friday. Friday we realized we had their wrong number. So we went over and talked to them and they were got ready really quick and met us at the church. They loved the church and were excited for Sunday. Well Sunday came and we were expecting them and they snuck in right at the end of sacrament. I guess they really liked it and are coming back tomorrow. 

We had to plan for our Zone Week that we are doing this next week. It'll be really fun...hopefully. Everyone in the zone gets on Facebook chat for 30 minutes and someone in the zone gives trainings or councils on stuff. Doesn't sound super interesting but it can be pretty good. 

We were able to find a couple new people to teach and one we are teaching tonight.  He's a teenager and plays basketball. 

Love y'all
Love you Mom
Elder Morgan

Here are some quick Qs

When are transfers?
October 24th 
Where is Elder Johnsen going home to? What are his plans?
He s going back to Ventura, California. He's going to play football at Utah State. I think he goes to school in January. 
WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY???
(I need to get going on it ASAP so I can get it in the mail. 😉)
Hmmmm. Send my Southridge watch out. Um I don't really know I'm pretty set. Gift cards actually. 

What is your weather like there??
It's been super humid lately and really hot. Starting to cool down soon hopefully.....probably not soon though lol. It'll be hot and humid for a good bit I think. 

Elder Morgan life is easy when we choose to follow our Heavenly Father and His commandments. I like what you said about being an example after your mission I think that is important.  Whatever you do make sure that you keep your spiritual side that you are working on now going when you come home.  It will look different, but I want you to always think about what is going to happen next in the context of making goals and striving towards them.  For example, what exactly do you want to do in school and how will you work towards that when you get home?  Baseball is important, but so is school and your career after baseball.  Also,  dating is important and getting married.  Those are things that are going to help you forever.  If you have not set some goals do so today during your p-day and send them to me so that we can both see them.  Love you and am so proud of you and all that you are doing.

Love,
Dad


Agreed it is a great day to be alive! 

...Honestly I'm just trying to make it through the rest of this transfer... ...He's an awesome dude but I'm just trying to help him finish at a descent rate...  ...I just want to do missionary work and it's so opposite for him we got in an argument because he wanted to go play basketball with 2 youth in our ward who are good kids on a Friday night from 7-9 instead of actually doing something productive. It's just been a trial. The Book of Mormon has been my buddy though. I think the most important thing I've gained a strong testimony of is the Book of Mormon.

 I've made a promise with Heavenly Father that I will read it everyday for the rest of my life, I've never been more committed to do something in my life. I saw it bless our family and I know it'll bless my family, help me prepare for marriage and have kids. I want to marry a wife that has a love for the Book of Mormon. And I guess I'll have a lot of kids because my wife will expect it from what my patriarchal blessing says. 

Anyway everything's going to be alright. We're going to have a baptism at the end of the month or beginning of November from an awesome Nigerian family. 

Love you dad. 



No comments:

Post a Comment