Monday, October 23, 2017

10/23/2017... I'm going to miss Elder Johnsen ...My new comp's name is Elder Holden Ward.

  
 

Aight! I'm going to miss Elder Johnsen a ton!  He is a good dude.  We are definitely going to be friends when we get home.  He is one of the funniest missionaries out here so a lot of people are going to miss him a ton. 

This last Monday we played some basketball and Nerf at the church.....still think playing Nerf is a lame p day activity but we had some fun. Then right after that Elder Dana and I went on exchanges and I went down to Catawba.  It was pretty fun-- just a normal exchange though. We were able to find a nice lady who had met with some missionaries before. She started crying and telling us her story, it's amazing how many people will accept the invitation to read the Book of Mormon, but really have no idea how much of a blessing it could be just to open it and read it. 

This Sunday the speakers all spoke on service.  Elder Johnsen gave a really good talk on service too on his last Sunday. It was really good, I love the scripture, "whosoever shall find his life shall lose it and whosoever shall lose his life for my sake shall find it."  We can lose ourselves in the service of others and find the most amazing outcome and happiness. I've been trying to serve others more and compliment them. 

We went on another exchange this last week with Catawba.  They all wanted to go before Elder Watson goes home. It was a ton of fun. Elder Watson is a really good friend too. I think we'll be good friends after the mission. But we tried to find some people and went to an apartment complex after Brother and Sister Nelson took us out to a Texas Roadhouse for one of Elder Watson last dinners. It was a ton of fun actually....always a good time at Texas. 

Sunday we saw a ton of miracles though. It was just a great day all around! Church was awesome --sacrament was really good, talked a lot about service.  Maureen came to church, so did a couple other investigators who are in a part-member family and are really wanting to get baptized --but it'll be harder now without Elder Johnsen whose Spanish is pretty good. 

My new comps name is Elder Holden Ward, I've heard a lot of good things about him so we'll see. It should be a ton of fun I'm excited to hit the ground mobbing probably being my last transfer in Pineville. 


Love you all so much!
Love you mom!
 
This is my red throw up from a few weeks back...




No comments:

Post a Comment