Monday, June 5, 2017

6/5/2017.. It seems like yesterday that I got to Salisbury. I love it here

Sushi thanks to Uncle Dave!

Man the weeks just keep flying by I don't get it haha! 

It seems like yesterday that I got to Salisbury. I love it here. I don't want to leave whenever that is. We have 2 weeks left in the transfer and I have no idea what's happening, I could stay or I could go idk yet. But what I really can't believe is that next transfer I hit my year mark. I feel like it's been a couple months since I came out. 

It has been raining a ton lately, last week it rained almost all week and then last night it started pouring as we were knocking some doors right before our dinner so we showed up soaked! 

We are super excited about the Bennet family still!  Chrystal and her husband Aaron came to church!  She didn't bring the kids because they were with their grandma which was a bummer but we were pretty stoked to have her there with Aaron. I guess Aaron loved it and he wants to video chat us when he isn't working so we can continue to teach him!  It would be a miracle if he was able to get baptized the 22nd with the rest of the family!  But we're stoked for them.  Chrystal is a solid right now, we made a schedule for her with all of the church events and she is getting really involved with relief society so she's getting fellowshipped really well right now. She keeps telling us these stories of her past that were just her being prepared to hear the gospel at this exact moment.  She says as she reads the Book of Mormon that her conscience will bring things to her remembrance and she realized it was the Spirit! 

Bill also came to church again! I think he is starting a like it!  He leaves before Sacrament is over every week because of his health conditions but it's pretty amazing that he keeps coming back to stay for a short time!  We also had a lady named Sharon come to church!  She was a miracle!  We were looking for a less active family and we knocked on the door and she told us to come in, we asked if she was the lady we were looking for and she said no.  We were confused of why she let us right in then. She told us she met with missionaries quite a while ago in another city.  She realized we were sent from God to meet her there. She loved church! 

The other day we were in a neighborhood looking for some people and we knocked on a door that looked like a family. We talk to a teenager and he tells us we can come back. He told us he has a family of 11!  We were so siked to go teach them...they missed their return appointment but we are still hoping to teach them all soon.  That would be so fun! 

Friday we had to drive over to Asheboro so I could interview some people for baptism.  It was such a great experience for me! The mom of this family was so excited to be baptized and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost!  It made me a happy to see her so excited about it and for her 2 boys and well!  It was an amazing experience! 

Lately I've been thinking quite a bit about faith. So many times the Savior says thy faith hath made thee whole or thy faith hath saved thee. Miracles are wrought about by our faith and as we exercise our faith.  And what it means to exercise faith is to put your faith in action and trust that the Lord will provide miracles as you do the things He has asked of us. There is power in faith and in the priesthood and I'm so grateful for the knowledge and power the priesthood brings into our lives and for the Fullness of the Gospel here on the earth today. 

We also went and saw Tanner's sister!  We went and talked with her the other day and she was so nice!  I told her I was sent by Tanner and she realized that was the package.  We set a return appointment so we're excited, we're going to teach this Wednesday!  I have a good feeling about it. 

Nothing super new this week though!  We've got a zone activity today up in Jamestown, NC so hopefully it's not too cold or rainy, we got Spikeball from the Thomas'  to bring up there.  It'll be fun!  We're also trying to do an Olympics (we're coming up with a ton of events to compete in haha) with the Thomas' and Smyres before transfers so that should be super fun! 

Love you all so much! 
Hope y'all have a wonderful week!









No comments:

Post a Comment