Monday, March 27, 2017

3/27/17... Transfers--I'm staying in Salisbury--but Elder Grieves is going :(


Hello! 


We got transfer calls this week :( 
Saturday we were waiting for a call from President to find out who was getting transferred. We were waiting all day, no call, we go to dinner, we don't get a call. It's about 8 o'clock and we are knocking some doors and we thought we were in the clear for sure and both of us were staying. We knock on this man's door and he lets us in pretty immediately. We get in there and talked with him and he said that, that morning was the first time he prayed out loud ever. He asked God for clarity and guidance. It was such an amazing experience and I felt the spirit so strongly in his home while teaching him. Well we get out of the lesson and it was 9 and we thought we were clear for sure. We look at the phone and we had a missed call from President.... We called him and he told us Elder Grieve was going to Charlotte South and I was staying in the area. So my new companion is going to be Elder Kimball and I guess he is from Russia and a really big kid. I'm praying that we can really work together and have fun. 

Well something really sad also happened this week. We were teaching a 7 yr old named Kaleah who was getting ready to be baptized when she turned 8 this week. We taught her and her mom who is a member while we were on splits last Sunday. On Wednesday I went on exchange with Elder Shultz.  
That night we got a call from Elder Grieve that the mom died in her sleep on Wednesday and she was 32yrs old!  It was so sad, they had her funeral on Sunday and it was really sad to see Kaleah.  She just turned 8!  I'm grateful for the plan of salvation though, it helps us understand that we can get over a loss like that because we know that death is really just another step in God's plan for us. 

Wednesday we had district meeting and talked about getting investigators to church because we've been struggling with that. It was great and I gave a training on being bold and I connected it with the atonement. We had dinner at our bishop's house on Monday and shared the doctrine of Christ. Our bishop is amazing and has such a great gospel knowledge and we got talking about the atonement. The spirit was really strong and he talked about how we all need to view the atonement, not through a video but through the knowledge that the spirit gives us. It makes me want to gain a greater spiritual vision of the atonement. 

Our zone had a goal to find 14 new investigators just on Saturday, and on Saturday Elder Grieve and I had found 1 earlier that week and we ended up finding 6 on Saturday. It was a great day! Last night we had a Mission President's fireside and it was great.  We couldn't get any investigators there unfortunately but it was still super good. 

The ward here is amazing! It's been a blast being able to get to know some of the members.  They're sooo great--they treat you like family here.  I love it. 

We have a ton of Spanish investigators right now and we are really trying to get them to come to church. We found 2 more Spanish investigators this last week. There needs to be a Spanish Elder here in Salisbury soon. 

Sounds like PJ is killing it! I'm so happy for him.  Keep it up Deeeejjjj. 

Love you all
Love you mom! 
Elder Morgan 
Hey dad!
Everyone seems to be getting sick right now, we didn't get 13 to church and weren't very close to that either. But it's all good we have some really promising things happening right now. We just got a call from an investigator who has been taught everything and just has to pay off some court fees to get off parole that they got payed off so he could be getting baptized very soon! 
I haven't been playing much catch lately unfortunately, I need to get out and throw some today. 
Elder Grieve is getting transferred and I'm staying here in salisbury. I'm going to miss having him, he is such a good missionary we had a lot of fun too. My new companion is Elder Kimball, I don't know him but he's a big guy and from Russia so I think it will be a good transfer and we have a lot of good things happening in the area too. 
You're an amazing person dad, mom tells me of some of the great things you're doing for people in the branch. I really look up to you in so many ways. I want to be able to raise a family like you and mom did. I am mostly grateful for the testimonies that you planted in our hearts and let us water. I love you 
Love Elder Morgan 

Thanks for the support and prayers for Brad.  He is doing great!  Not sure if he was being humble or if (in true Brad fashion) he just forgot to tell us that he was called to be a District Leader.  I attached the letter we received from his mission president.  It will be a both a challenge and good experience for him.  We are so proud of his hard work and positive attitude. 


If you want to shoot him an email or send him a card his address is:


bradley.morgan@myldsmail.net


Elder Brad Morgan 

210 Sunset Dr. Apt 321

Salisbury, NC 28147


Thanks for the love!


Love, Chrissy





No comments:

Post a Comment