Monday, April 3, 2017

4/3/17... Transfers this week... We drove Elder Grieves to Charlotte and picked up Elder Kimball

Transfers this week!

Tuesday we went and drove down to Charlotte to drop off Elder Grieve and pick up Elder Kimball. We had Brother Patrick Thomas and Mikey Smyre drive us. They are 2 of the funniest people I have ever met it was so funny the whole way. We got there and I got to see Elder Montandon and Elder Murray from Winston. Then we got Elder Kimball, he is 20 and has been out about as long as me. He is a good guy, pretty big dude too. And has a pretty crazy background, he came to the US when he was 10 so he doesn't speak Russian anymore. 
The week before Elder Grieve left, we had knocked into a Spanish home and we found one of them that speaks English.  We got talking and she said that she had met with missionaries in Honduras when she was a kid! She was really excited to meet with us, and really interested in finding out if it's true! It was interesting trying to teach them without speaking Spanish. Luckily one of the sisters in the ward just got off her mission Spanish speaking and helped out a ton because her friend is Spanish speaking only and is really interested too! 

On Wednesdays we have a lesson at the church of investigators and recent converts and it was great, we had 2 investigators come, and it was lot of fun, we just have a short lesson and a game and I think that they liked it. 
On Thursday we went on exchanges and Elder Shultz came down here to Salisbury! It was awesome, if y'all don't remember Elder Shultz and I lived in the same apartment for 3 months so we had a really good times. We ate at Go Burrito of course which is like a super hip Costa Vida, I still miss Costa Vida though... They have better burritos. 
There's this sweet mural right by Go Burrito! 

Tuesday we were a little bummed, we got a call Tuesday right after exchanged and it was Michelle, a lady that we had found a couple weeks earlier, that had been reading the book of Mormon like crazy. and she came to church. She said she just wanted to stay baptist right now. That was pretty sad she was really solid. 

We found a guy named Charles last week and it was pretty funny. We knock on his door and he comes out. We start teaching the restoration after a bit and he was asking us a bunch to show him evidence of all this in the bible. Well we did and he was still a little hard hearted and we just told him to open his heart because if it was true he would be held accountable for rejecting it. After that he said he would accept a book and read. I really hope he does because it truly softens hearts when they read it. 

Also General Conference was so good this whole week. I hope everybody got a chance to watch it! It's hard to say which one was my favorite but I really like Elder Andersons one Saturday about putting off the world and Elder Ballard's about goal setting. It really made me think of my future and how I really do need to set a vision for my life and set goals to reach them. 
Also Elder Bednar's talk of course.  I can't believe it's been a year since I opened my call! That's insane. I also thought of how fun that trip was with everyone and that I love yall! 

We had dinner last night with the Thomas' and the Smyres, the Thomas have 2 crazy little kids that fight all day... it's so funny. And I got to throw a baseball with one of them so it was so fun. This ward is so nice. 

I'll send some pics this time! They are of our old district.  We don't have any of the new district, but I'll get one this week. 

Love yall so much!
Love you mom ! 
Elder Morgan
Also went bowling last P day which was really fun, no pics of that though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment