Monday, December 12, 2016

12/12/16... We didn't see a lot of success finding anyone...but it was just a good week and I was happy.

Brother Bello
This week was really fun.  We didn't see a lot of success finding anyone or didn't really get to meet with any of our investigators, but it was just a good week and I was happy. 

Monday we played basketball like usual which is always so fun! We play 3 on 3 on 3 so it's not exactly playing full court it just makes you run more which is good because we don't get to run much. And I played catch! it was great my arm was sore the next day it felt good, I miss that feeling. 

Wednesday was really fun one of the new members of our ward will take us out to dinner every couple weeks, she took us to PF Changs last time and she took us to this little Italian diner which was really good. After that we went and visited a couple of less actives.  We have been visiting less actives more lately--just sharing Light the World with them.  But we go up to this lady's door and I had to pee worse than I ever had....only it was bad. We get up there and I wasn't going to make it through the video so I had to pause the video and ask her if I could go in and use her bathroom...it was a little awkward but she didn't mind and was nice.  I guess we are making it up by raking her leaves this next week.  After that we went to another less active guys house and he talked FOREVER!  We couldn't get out of there haha it was a little annoying because it shot all our plans that night.  Wedensdays we also had district meeting in the morning and we had to pick up the Bethania Elders and we were about 30 minutes late because of traffic--it was bad. 

Thursday and Friday we do service at Habitat for Humanity restore and we move furniture and stuff for them. Friday after service we had to take the other Bethania Elders home so we went to lunch with them at East Coast Wings which is super good.  I love wings! So Elder Harrison and I split 25 and he wanted to put 1 habanero wing mixed with the others. We were both super scared it was like Russian Roulette with wings, so I eat one and I was like oh that was it for sure...couple wings later he gets one and he was like nope this is it and we were both about the cry from the heat. Turns out the habanero sauce got on about 5 other wings and it killed me! It was so hot, about as hot as the time Kirchhoff made me eat a ghost pepper...

Saturday was also a great day, sometimes Saturdays feel like the longest days because you proselyte for like 9 hours. But it flew by, we were a little bummed we didn't find anyone but Elder Montandon and I made it fun still. Then we went to Taco Bell I think for dinner-- That's the go to. 
We visited Brother Bello, who is the guy Elder Leavitt and I gave a blessing to before he left.  Well we walked in and he was perfectly fine!  All of his health problems had gone away in the 2 weeks! 
Also last Sunday we gave a blessing to a lady in the hospital. We got a call later that she was leaving the hospital that day. It was amazing to see the power of the priesthood work in lives around us. It truly is the power of God. 

Sunday we had Stake Conference which was really great!  I guess President talked about Huan Huan during the Priesthood session Saturday night. But they talked about being a light on a hill for others to see and how by being an example to those around us we can share the gospel. 
Love y'all
Elder Morgan

Qs
Do the members feed you dinner every night?  if not, what are you making?
Ehhhhh...we get fed 3 or 4 times a week sometimes 2 sometimes 5. 

What types of things do you cook?  or make for yourself?  
Taco Bell. I make sandwiches sometimes or chicken and rice was probably the biggest thing I've made. 

How is Elder Montandon?  
He is good he has learned a lot in the last couple weeks. We get along really well.

Who are the other two elders living with you again?
Elder Murray and Elder Craig.....Elder Craig know Elder Hutchens who was in Dad's YSA Branch. 

How are you on money?
Pretty good.  I've budgeted better this month but we got out to eat a lot so no telling how long it will last.   

How are you on warm clothes?  
Good I want to get a jacket that most of the missionaries wear. I  can get it on p- day one day at Marshalls probably.

Do you want your black snowboard jacket?  or the black North Face?
No its fine 

Do you need snowboots?
No it just gets icy and not much snow 

Christmas List?  
T-Bell card, sock suspender-shirt tucker thingy and WHAT ELSE?!?!
Yes can you get me one of those wallets called a Thread wallet.  It's super small. 

Is there anyone there who could use anything for Christmas?   If you send us the names and ages etc, we could send you money or presents...  
Not that I can think of 

Any missionaries who need support?
Not that I know of. 

Are you wearing your retainer??  WEAR IT!!!  at least to bed...
Yeah I wear it every night. 
Elder Montandon always taking selfies




No comments:

Post a Comment