Monday, December 5, 2016

12/5/16... Huan Huan's Baptism!

This week was soooo slow honestly, we worked hard and didn't really talk to anyone that was interested which was kind of a bummer. I am learning a lot every week. I can't explain how much I've learned just from training, I'm convinced that this was for me to learn as much or more than the guy I'm training.  

Monday was really fun P day is always a blast with the other Elders in our district and the other district that we play with. Elder Montandon is a baller, he can dunk pretty hard. He gets out of control sometimes and it's funny to watch. 

Highlight of the week was definitely Saturday though so I'll just talk about that. Tuesday we had met with Huan Huan and went over some of the details of the baptism and planned it out. He is so awesome. Then Saturday came and the baptism was at 9. It was so awesome to see his face after he came out of the water.  It was the biggest smile I've ever seen, and then he waved at everyone in the crowd. I was so happy for him. I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost after and then he gave his testimony. It was amazing that he wanted honor God by doing this, he has such amazing faith. 

Also President and Sister Alexander came to the baptism which was a nice surprise. 

It rained a couple times this week which was nice because there are some wild fires in NC right now. But it has been getting really cold. Biking at night in the cold is rough especially because you cant do anything about your face and it just freezes in the wind. But the hand warmers and other winter stuff have been life savers. 

I also got to play catch today! It was soo nice, to be able to throw. My arm felt good and everything.  It was just in the gym so I just threw pretty light. 

Fast Sunday was also yesterday which was really great. I had been thinking about patience and wondering if I had patience or if I was just telling myself that i think I was pretty patient. So I fasted that I could be more patient with others and also just with life, and also charity. I think I will be happier as well as those around me if I can get better at both of those attributes. 

How was your interview with President Alexander?  What did you ask him?  What did you learn?  Tell us all about it.  
It was really good, he is so great. I just asked him how I can be a better trainer pretty much and how I can help Elder Montandon because a lot of the time I don't know how to help and He just told me to lead by example and love him and the Lord will do the rest. 

You said you got to throw last week... How did your arm feel?  How did you do?  
Felt really good it was fun. Tell Tim the changeup is going to need some work asap when I get back to get it back to where it was. 

Tell us the funniest thing that happened this week... (I love hearing these! )  
 Umm thats a tough one I cant think of a super funny thing that happened. Probably just how big of a smile Huan had on his face after he came out of the water. 
Other than investigators... What can we send you for Christmas??  Is there anything that you've see other elders have that you would think would be nice?

Hmm there are these things that attach to your shirt and your socks and go under your pants and keep your shirt tucked in and your socks pulled up-- thats nice. 

T bell gift card maybe? 

Also shout out to Nate being a State Champ! Thats pretty sweet that he got to be a part of that and get there I am super happy for him!........I still hope you all wore your Southridge baseball gear to the game though haha jk 

Love you all 
love you mom
Elder Morgan! 






No comments:

Post a Comment