Monday, August 29, 2016

8/29/16... I am in Winston-Salem!

HEYYYYYYYYYY

First week where do i begin?
The flight up was very good i loved talking to y'all!

SoOOO i AM IN Winston-Salem! So much history in this town it is crazy we drove by some of the old colonial houses from the 1700 it was pretty neat!

My companions name is Elder Leavitt, he is from colorado and he is pretty cool he likes star wars and stuff no sports or anything but he's great we get along well and hes a great missionary to learn from!
My companion is the short one next to me
We got our assignments and got out so quick i couldnt even think and we went to straght to Winston, there's people here that are from Kennewick and are related to the counselor in the stake presidency, can't remember his name right now. But they were in 1st ward 10 years ago. And then another guy served in Kennewick 4 years ago Spanish speaking though.... pretty cool
So the people here are awesome!!!
I have talked to more people without teeth this week than I have my entire life!
It is insane haha Tyler needs to come down to the south when he is done with school.

Monday we got to the mission home and met president Alexander and sister Alexander and they're so awesome they are the nicest people and really care about everyone. Tuesday we got to the church where we had some training and some other stuff, some more great food! Got to meet some of the other missionaries and then we got our assignments and we were out of there so fast I didn't even get to say bye to the other guys. 

The other days are kind  of a blur so I'll just tell you what happened.

We talked to a lot of cool people, there's a very large African American population here so I met of lot of people that lived in the hood growing up. Byron was one of them and he told us how last week there was a shooting across the street and he didn't even flinch haha crazy. We taught him about the book of Mormon and he thought the scripture we shared was beautiful and he is having us over for a cook out haha ...that's what they call having burgers here but we said as long as there's no alcohol so that would be fun. Then yesterday we talked to a guy named trinard who talked about getting shot and stabbed and was dead and then he came back to life and was kinda crazy but the people here are awesome and I swear everyday we've talked to someone who tells a crazy story.

There's a guy that we teach named David that is just the biggest redneck and you can barely understand him..... most of the people we can barely understand mostly because they mostly don't have teeth haha but David is super nice but he's a big smoker and has a hard time with that and is uncomfortable coming to church has with us. Pretty much everyone here is Baptist there are Baptist churches on every corner it's insane 

Our apartment is pretty good 2 bedroom and we stay with the zone leaders and they are super  cool Elder shultz is 6,6 and Eder mautz said he surfs at Newport everyday. They are both super awesome and have been a big help of me getting into the missionary life and mindset. 

The weather is very hot here.... the humidity makes it worse and you sweat like crazy but when it's a little cooler and it rains it makes me feel like I'm in Hawaii so I like it.
Training is don't do anything really special you just start working like everyone else but we do have an extra hour for study everyday. 

This week we have to bike, we are on a car-share so we bike every other week. So hopefully it cools off soon, when we bike this week. But everyone says bike week is miracle week so it shouldn't be too bad. 
We are currently going to ball at the church which will be much needed. Everybody has been talking trash. I guess there's some pretty good ballers in the zone. Elder Maseo is a lineman for USC he's Tongan and massive haha.....And I just ate at Chipotle because everyone else loves it and I had no choice haha but it wasn't too bad and I ended up liking it. But I'll probably be on the toilet for hours tonight haha

Oh and our address is:
200 Forest Park Circle
Apt 217
Winston Salem, NC 27127

..............I found the EJ burnouts shirt In my luggage hahaha-- my bad (The EJ Burnout shirt was custom made from a couple of his best firends.  He had asked me 3 times to please send him that shirt and I had been going CRAZY searching for it--I went thru every last Goodwill item.  I even called Jill to find out how to get a new one made without anyone knowing!  ...nd that stinker had it all along!!)

Hopefully the Mariners can step it up and hit the ball it sounds like
I can't think of anything right now that I can think of I'll let you know today if there's anything. 

Love you so much ...talking the other day was great!

Elder Morgan!
 the big part of Winston Salem and the tobacco factories  on the right side.
The whole state is so green. that was the view on the plane it was crazy 



No comments:

Post a Comment