Wednesday, August 10, 2016

8/10/16... First week downnnnnn

My companion, Elder Zesiger
Sooooo
a lot happened this week. ill start with wednesday, we were here only a half day on wednesday yet it felt like the longest day of my life. 
But we get to our class and we all get our companions and stuff and I was kind of worried about meeting my companion, but it turns out my companion is sick!! not ill sick-- awesome sick!   His name is Elder Zesiger he's from bountiful, he's super chill and we get along really good. I stay in a room with 5 other guys, some are on the weirder side, but its fun.  I usually  have to tell them to stop talking at night so i can sleep... haha but they're cool, we have a good time. Then Thursday came and it seemed even longer than Wednesday, but after Sunday everyone says the days go by so much quicker and it did. Also my district is super cool and theres 5 other that we hang with a lot that are super cool, 2 play basketball, 2 play soccer, and the other is a redneck. 

My district... Found out i went to byu basketball camp
with the tall kid next to me a long time ago haha
SUNDAY came and guess what? me and elder Zez got assigned to be Zone Leaders haha. I honestly am still lost here and have no idea where things are and we have to give an orientation to new missionaries, and at first I was so pumped I thought Connor would for sure be in my zone, but he's not. And i get a phone haha ...a sick little flip phone that cant make calls-- just get calls from President Adolphson, ya it sounds like Adolphs son haha 
Pres Adolphson 
Just realized Elder Z looks like Paige's husband, Kyle. 
We have a teacher that is pretty tough.  We practice teaching to him and he just makes it super hard to be able to progress with him because he doesn't want to listen but everyday is better and I can really tell a difference from just a week ago and not knowing a thing. We taught our first 2 TRC investigators this week and they went really well, we taught them about prayer and the restoration. 

Yesterday we had a devotional and it was awesome, guess who guest spoke, Elder Neil L Anderson!  He was awesome he gave great advice, he shared one of my favorite scriptures D.C 33:7-10 Look it up its great. And guess who is rumored to be coming next week Elder Holland!!! Everyone is so siked to hear him.  We listened to his son talk on sunday about Joseph Smith history.  It was really good but not going to lie I snoozed a bit during his talk haha. 

THE FOOD
Some days are good some days I want to just die in a hole looking at the food. We had Papa Johns last week and yesterday we had Chic-Fil-A.  I was so pumped... I love Chic-Fil-A. They also have the best chocolate milk ever!!

But i've only had diarrhea once haha, and the meatloaf yesterday got a bunch of people sick.  I guess haha I was definitely not going to eat it after I took one look. But they usually have a lot of other good food and its all you can eat all the time which is awesome. 
We usually go play basketball for exercise, spikeball, or go lift, they only have machines, but it's not bad. 

I saw Dalton a bunch and when they were getting ready to leave they let us eat all their food haha, I also saw Nick V Sloot a lot too he was in my building and ill send a picture with both, i didnt get a good one with Dalton but its alright. 
Dalton, or Elder Stevens, the day before he left to his mission in St. George, Ut
Nick V Sloot, my cousin, who will be serving in Taiwan

Thanks for the dearelders.  I love reading about you guys and what you're doing!!!! 

Shout out to grandma and grandpa morgan for the doughnuts.  They were awesome!!!

Love you all!!
Love you mom!!

My roomates. 

My favorite picture I forgot to send!  
These tablets are so nice!! i can take pictures and email you on them 
so I don't need even need the camera really. 












No comments:

Post a Comment