Monday, November 6, 2017

11/6/17...We are changing a lot of how we plan and how we teach right now



My birthday was super fun. Brother Nick from Salisbury came and took us for lunch to a diner. It was a lot of fun. After that we came back and did our planning for the week. We are changing a lot of how we plan and how we teach right now so we are kind of adjusting to it and figuring it out. After that star took us out to dinner to bonefish grill! Had to go there it's a family special of course got some bang bang shrimp. I should have got the tacos but I got sword fish and it was not too good. But I didn't let it ruin the vibe. We had a lot of fun, they gave me free desert and star got me some ties. After that we went to our English class and we had 4 people show up. Honestly really fun teaching those classes, not much has come from it st but I think if people start coming more consistently then we will see more people want to investigate the church. We are also starting a Book of Mormon class on Tuesdays, in hoping we can get a good turn out, I don't know how much it's going to turn out so far because we aren't in charge of it but it could be really good. We're using Facebook a lot more now with members and using group chat with them, and putting people that are investigating the church into. 

Monday and Tuesday were really hectic. We went to MLC Tuesday and it took all day. Monday night we ate dinner and realized none of the elders going the next day to MLC had a car.....so we had to pick them all up that night. We called the assistants and they said they'd drop off all the mission van....this is a 12 seater! So we took off around 9 to go pick up all of these hooligans. We drove to Newport to pick one up then headed over about 20 more minutes to catawba....then over to fort mill to pick up some other elders, it was about 11:30 when we got back and rounded everyone up. It was a long night, I had fun driving the massive van though. Then we had to get up early to drove to Mlc which was just in uptown. It was really good, there were some good trainings on leadership and being a Christ like leader. We also talked about really focusing on helping others progress in the doctrine of Christ and how we can do that better. It was a solid meeting. After that we went and got some sushi. And let me tell ya it was some bomb sushi! One had mango on it and another had lemon slice with salmon, oh it was amazing. After that we get driving home and there's some heavy traffic in Charlotte at 5pm. We're bumper to bumper for a while and then this boy rear ended us. It was under 10mph probably but it was some damage to the trunk. So that took about an hour, then we get back and the other elders both sets tell us there rides cancelled on them......and we can't put 6 people in our car so we had to drop each one off separately. It took forever!! We didn't even have time to go out at all, we got back in at like 10 from driving for HOURS. It was ridiculous! But still fun, elder ward and I had a good time. 

We had some miracles this week too! We had a couple meetings on Friday but as we were leaving we saw a guy sitting on a bench by the church so we went and talked to him. Come to find out he was from Jamaica so I gotta try out the little patwa I know....... wagwon! 

So I got the packages a little scattered, I got the lulus Wednesday and Thursday and then the Amazon pantry came on Thursday. Same with the treats box! They were all so nice! Thank you for everything mom! Also thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Morgan for the cards and the cash they sent. Thank you to Grandma Carol for the cookies I loved them! And everyone who sent me an email or reached out, it was really nice! 

Sunday was a super fun day too, church was really good, there was a girl who said she'd bear her testimony if I did so we went up and she bore such a sweet testimony of how the Gospel has blessed her in school. It was so good. Then we went and had another lesson with the Jamaican guy which went really good. Then we taught star about the temple, she just went and did baptisms this week and she loved it. Then we went to dinner at bishops house which is always fun. After that we went to a fireside with our mission President. So star and Jason took us and I got asked to conduct it and I told messed up and President had to come correct it all hahaha it was pretty funny/embarrassing. 

Anyway that was about the jist of the week. 
I'll send some pictures of golfing today. It was a lot of fun Brother Sears is the man. I hit the ball pretty good but my short game was wayyyyyy bad, I drove the the ball like 320 a few times. 

Love y'all so much thanks for the birthday wishes! 
Love you mom! 
-Elder Morgan 


Hey B!

Hope you had a great week and a great birthday. 

Did you get a bunch of the packages I sent?  

The care package with cookies, muddy buddies and peanut butter bars...Southridge watch etc??

The lululemon pants?? Do they fit?
The garments?
The amazon Pantry? Did you like everything?

Hope it was a good day. 

B...I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.   I will always be your biggest fan. 

Love, Mom

PS. Please tell us how your birthday went,    who reached out to you from here, and what you did out there. 
❤️


I appreciate your letters so much. I love reading them honestly, they are so nice. You mean the world to me and I love you so much. 

I am just so bad at writing emails. I feel terrible that I haven't been good at writing you personally. I seriously loved everything you got me for my birthday too! Those pants are the best! Literally they've changed my life. I can testify haha. 

...I love you so much mom please always remember that even when I am bad at writing, you are my favorite person  in the whole world. I hope you know I love you so much and brag about you when I get the chance to other people here. 

You are the best! 

Hey send me a good picture of you and dad together, send a few, maybe of y'all doing something fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment