Monday, November 13, 2017

11/13/17...We saw some big miracles this week and are also trying to use social media more



Can't believe y'all are in Nicaragua right now! That's got to be so fun! We will need to do that when I get back for sure! That's such a neat opportunity. I can't believe that y'all are doing that-- it's doing so much good.  I have been thinking about service more and about how much Heavenly Father wants us to serve others. There's a man in our ward who always is helping and always volunteering when someone needs to move or other things.  And I asked him "how did you make serving a priority, most people look for any little thing to get out of service" and he thinks for a minute and says, "Hand me that pamphlet right there." And I give him he pamphlet and I look at it and it has the Savior on the front holding a lamb and he says, "No matter what I do and no matter how much I try, I will never be able to pay him back."  And then he bore his testimony of the Savior.  It was the highlight of my week listening to him tell us how he is able to make service a priority because of Jesus. 

A lot happened this week though. We had a lot of fun and saw some big miracles too!  We have been really trying to think outside the box and find new ways to spread the Gospel. We are also trying to use social media more, so we decided to make a few videos that we can almost mass send out to people in the Pineville area. We sent out a ton and we only got a few responses but a lady messaged us and said she used to be a member, and we set up a church tour with her that we're doing tonight.  We also made a video for the #LightTheWorld initiative that we are going to send out before the calendar starts. They showed us the video for it and it is so good.  Y'all are going to love it.  Y'all should try and do all of the services ideas for the month too! 

Let's see...what else happened this week? 
Oh ya.... so one day we got a call from one of the members that said, "hey there's a lady I home teach who has a 9 year old son that wants us to teach him and he wants to get baptized."  So we taught him a couple times this week and it was pretty funny.  Elder Ward and I taught him the restoration compared it to Pokemon!  It was super fun.  He now knows that the Christs church with the full pokedex was lost but he brought it back in our day haha.  That was really fun teaching them.  We also started a Book of Mormon class this week.  It was alright, we didn't have a huge turn out but it was a good lesson.  We also had our English class again, we had some people come again which was really good.  The sisters are starting to teach one of them now too. 

We went up to Uptown today and it was super fun!  We walked around the Bank of America stadium.  The Panthers are playing the Dolphins tonight, so there was a bunch of people over there.  We walked by the baseball stadium up there,  AAA team. Then just hung out at a park for a bit. Elder Berryhill and Elder Christensen were with us.  I'll send some pictures!


Last night we got a call from that same member and he told us that he has someone he wants us to teach.  It was a member that has some family members that wanted to have us teach them. We were super excited and we went over there and he wasn't too excited to see us actually, nice guy but didn't really want us to teach him. 

Hope y'all have a ton of fun in Nicaragua! 
I want to go to that place with you when I get back! 
I am so grateful you and dad set such a good example of service to me as a kid. It has definitely influenced me!

Love you mom! 

Qs

Quote of the week?

"Every seed bringeth forth unto it's own likeness"

Hows Elder Ward?

He's super fun, really chill guy. He like a lot for the same things I do. He's from San Diego, went to BYU for a year before. 

When do you transition to the smartphones?

We have them right now! They're way better than the old bricks.





No comments:

Post a Comment