Monday, November 14, 2016

11/14/16... This is going to force me to stretch and grow a lot... I will probably learn more than the elder I'm training.

Random hats in the mall
This week was Soooo fun! 
A lot of fun things happened this week! We knew Elder Leavitt or I would be leaving so the whole week we had butterflies. But transfer calls weren't coming until late Saturday night so we had a lot of time to think and guess where we'd be. 
Thursday we had zone meeting and President and Sister Alexander came to ours. It was super good we focused a lot on finding and better ways to find. We practiced short powerful statements for short contacts. 
We did a lot of finding again this week which can be really boring but we try and make it fun. My favorite thing to do when we are walking around a neighborhood and  kids are playing basketball or football in the streets is to stop and play catch or something with them its super fun. I played catch with a couple kids and one time I told them to pass it to me and the dad on the sidewalk was egging him on to throw it thinking I would drop it and theyd laugh, I caught it and threw it back and he was going crazy he was like "woah! This boy play football" (with some ghetto terms mixed in there). 
We found a couple new investigators this week.  We met Anithia right after we played catch, and we talked about the Book of Mormon and stuff.  She was sorta interested so hopefully when we come back this week it will be good! Saturday night we were finished looking for the people we had planned for, some appointments fell through and we were thinking of what we could do. A name popped into my head that we should visit, she was a past bible referral (someone who orders a bible on mormon.org ...It's super common here.) So we went there and her husband opened the door and just let us straight in, he was interested in what we had to say. We ended up teaching the most solid lesson we have taught so far.  We just were in unity and it felt so nice, the last weekend elder Leavitt and I have together and it felt like the last 12 weeks paid off. 
Earlier Saturday right after our studies, we got a call from President, and we had no idea what it was for, either Elder Leavitt was gonna be a District Leader or I was going to train. But it was neither, President asked for me and asked how I was doing and everything. He said he got an email from you about Grandpa Don. It was really nice of him to care like that. 
Then later that day we get another call.....I guess he already gave you the news but I am training a new missionary now. I didn't know what to think, I am pretty scared for it honestly, because it will be my first time taking over an area and I am training, so it is going to force me to stretch and grow a lot. I will probably learn more than the elder I'm training. So transfers are this Tuesday. Elder Leavitt is heading to Gastonia and I pick up the new elder on Tuesday in Charlotte. I don't know who it is yet but it will be interesting how this goes. 
Sunday was good also, Jon and Jacob and Sister Davidson came to church and went to Sunday School.  We had a great lesson on priesthood that I think he liked it a lot. We will probably talk about baptism the next time we meet with them. Then this morning I go into our study room after I wake up and look at the phone. We got a text from Brother Jorgenson, our ward mission leader. He told us he got a text really late last night from Huan Huan, which was random and he told him that he just wants to go ahead and get baptized! We were so hyped, Elder Leavitt and I were really excited. 
Today we went to the mall, shopped for a bit, because elder Craig is going home really soon so he wants to look fly when he gets back we have spent a lot of time in H&M haha and anyone in my family knows that I HATE shopping!!! 


LOve you all so much
Love you mom!!
PS...Will you send my Southridge watch?   I gotta represent over here.

Zone activity!

Didn't take many other pics than these....

No comments:

Post a Comment