Monday, October 31, 2016

10/31/16... I love the South. The culture is so different with churches on every block.

 


I had a really fun week, not because we saw a lot of success or a lot of miracles but because I just told myself everyday is going to be the best day and I am going to make the most of the 2 years that I have here. 
I love the South.  The culture is so different with churches on every block. We have a lot of great conversations.  Like today, this old lady at Walmart just came up to me and gave me a Baptist plan of salvation pamphlet and invited me to church haha. I really have no idea what Baptists believe because so many of the churches have different pastors that preach different things.  It is interesting to talk to some people. 
I can never remember what i did during the week or what day something happened, i have to read my journal to remember! 
I think it was Wednesday we were knocking on some doors in this apartment that we have found some investigators in previously and we talked to some kids and gave them some pamphlets, then we talked to their neighbor who was a nice lady and we talked about the book of mormon and she was super happy that we talked to her. We go see her in a couple days so hopefully that goes well. 
We didnt have any exciting lessons with any progressing investigators. We got some bad news about Huan Huan.  He is trying to be a head medical guy in China and to do that he would need to be an active Communist leader so that is going to set him back for a while.  We will see how that goes.  He hasn't come to church in a couple weeks. 
We went to P.F. Changs with a single lady in the ward named sister Gaskil.  She is so nice. The orange chicken was bomb and then the first song to come on was the one that goes "this is gonna be the best day of my life" and so i decided everyday is just going to be the best day of my life from then on. Then the week just kept getting better. 
We had an appointment set up for Saturday at 6 with Brittany and JJ but we realized that is the same time as the Halloween party. We were first just planning on proselyting but our ward mission leader told us to go so we had to go then. So we went Thursday night with Sister Dewsnup to invite her to the party. The Dewsnups are awesome.  They're from Eugene, Oregon... I told them I was there this summer. So we invited her and she came! She has 2 daughters that are seriously the cutest kids ever. I think they had fun. 
Sunday came and Jon came and we were going to have another lesson with them later that night but it didn't work out so hopefully more great things come this week from all of them.  
All around this was a great week, this next week we have Zone Conference with 2 other zones so I'll see Elder Zesiger and Elder Fife from the MTC... I'm excited! 
Love you all so much!
Elder Morgan
Tell us about your ward--big/small?  
It's pretty medium size, a lot of young couples that go to Wake Forest Medical School so they're super busy all the time with studying.

How has the weather been?  
It's been cooler about 60 to 70s 

What is your favorite missionary moment this week?
This week was probably just talking with people about the Book of Mormon.  It's amazing to help people who already have a love for Christ realize there's more. 

What are your plans for your birthday??
Nothing special just a normal day of missionary work. Oh I have plans to find someone elect though

Plans for Halloween??
We have to be in by 6 unless we have appointments, but we are on bikes so we can't bike around tonight.

 excerpts from Brad's letter to Jeff:
love you
Hope Halloween is great for y'all and that you got the yard nice and scaried up for all the kids. I got the Nicholls's Halloween card and I was laughing so hard.  I was so excited they sent me one!  
Hope you have a great week. I really have been able to see myself grow this week. I realized that I was setting too high expectations for myself and I can only achieve them if I have the constant companionship of the spirit to help guide me. I have really been able to have fun trying to find people to teach and have a good attitude about it. 
Thanks... love you so much 
Elder Morgan 

No comments:

Post a Comment