Monday, October 3, 2016

10/3/16... Had an awesome week!! General Conference was soooo great.

Elder Mautz, me, and Elder Shultz

Had an awesome week!!
General Conference was soooo great.  I really loved it. Its almost like General Conference means so much more when you are on a mission.

So I guess a lot of things happened this week that were really fun. I went on 2 exchanges also.
Monday we played basketball and stuff which was really fun... always love getting some ballin in. 

Then later Monday night we went to our dinner at the Hiatts, there are a million Hiatts in NC. Right as we get ready to leave, it starts pouring rain. We were in a car which was fine, we drove to our planned area and we run into a dead end...we had to walk down the street to the house and then the guy gives us a referral for down the street.....we walked in the pouring rain and were soaked haha  We talked with this guy named Wally about the bible and stuff.  A lot of people have really strong faith here. 

Tuesday was pretty fun also, we got a random call from a member who wanted to take us out to dinner which was awesome....but it was at K and W which is a rip-off buffet and I hate it.  All the food is so bland and gross but it was free so I ate it haha. Later that night we went to see our new investigator, Chris.  We found out that he loves basketball.  We ended up talking on his porch for 30 minutes about the NBA it was so fun we was going off on how much these players are making and stuff. We told him we would call him to come play with us for this p day, he talked himself up pretty good so we will see what happens. 

Wednesday was District meeting and then I went on exchange with Elder Masoe....the 300 lb lineman going to USC. It was so fun! They have a basketball hoop that can lower so before we went to bed we played dunkball. He is massive so he could move me pretty easy. We played 2 games of 21 and he beat me the first game and I ended up beating him the 2nd game. I ended up a little bloody after too. haha Whats a good game without some blood though.
Elder Masoe wears a football helmet when he bikes because no helmet fits him. 
The next day i got back and went on exchange with Elder Mautz who leaves this Wedesday for home. We did service that morning at the orphanage and moved a bunch of hay bails around and planted seed in a field.  It was pretty fun and pretty hot haha. They feed us when we go over there which is really nice too.

We also had a great member do some missionary work and helped us get a solid new investigator this week named Huan Huan, he speaks Mandarin and they had a skype lesson while I was on exchange with a Chinese teacher at the MTC. So if you will pray that he continues to progress and isnt too busy, that would be so amazing!

Then came general conference which was awesome!!! I liked so many of the talks, one of my favorites was elder Cornish talk about Gods love for us and one thing that he said was pretty profound, how saying I will repent later is a mockery to the atonement. There were a lot of other amazing talks, I still haven't been able to look over all my notes yet.  Another great one was Elder Nelson's on feeling Joy... It was great. 

After conference we went and ate at Bad Daddy's Burgers which is like an amazing Bobs. I was so full but it was soooo good, and it was like a sports bar so we got some updates on some games haha. Also i am so mad that the mariners blew it, especially Felix thats such a bummer... and the same situation happened last year. 

I loved hearing about yalls bike trip it looked so fun! 

This week flew by.  I've learned from Elder Mautz that as you fill your day with worthwhile things and you're busy, it goes by faster and is way more productive. 

Please send some more protein this week.  I ran out.  (just the same mass gainer one is good)

Thanks for the updates I love hearing about how yalls weeks go.
Love yall 
Love you mom
Elder Morgan
the clouds are always super low here, so the thunder is like gunshots right in your ear
Qs
I forgot to tell you Angie Scrimsher's sister, BROOKE SANDERS lives pretty close to Winston-Salem in Tobaccoville. I was wondering if you might know them because he is a bishop there. He's a doctor--but I can't remember his first name.  Is that in your area? 
No Tobacovlle is really close though. I think the Sanders, might know Elder Hulet or Hall who are super cool.  They are the area right next to Winston. Also Yadkinville is super close, about 20 miles... so if I'm still here, Elder Hutchins will need to come visit.  

How is your companion?
My companion is awesome we get along really well.  We are getting to know each other more as the time goes on which is nice. 

When are transfers??
Transfers happen on tuesday, i will most likely be in Winston for a while.  Actually we just found out I am staying here and so is Elder Leavitt.  But we are getting a new elder in our apartment for our new zone leader, Elder Craig.  

How is Tiffany?  Did you get to meet with her?
Didn't get to see Tiffany this week.  She wont answer our calls or texts so we had to take her off date.  I'm praying we will be able to get in touch with her really soon.  

Is bike week next week?  Do you have thin-hybrid tires on your bike for road biking?  Or do you have wide mountain bike tires?  I hope it's a good enough bike with lots of gears... I know how hard it can get to pedal up the street--even when it is just barely uphill.
😜
Yes its bike week and we get really good bikes actually.  It has 10 gears and medium width tires. 

Do you have enough clothes?  Do you need more basketball clothes or your basketball shoes?
I am good on clothes and am good on basketball stuff. 



No comments:

Post a Comment