Monday, July 9, 2018

7/9/2018...My last MLC and President Adler's first MLC...

Good mornin everyone! 

Another week has flown by! 
We had a really good week for the most part. It was super busy so you know when that happened so can never remember what we did so I will try my best to make this an interesting email, maybe I'll just make up a few stories for you. 

Tuesday we got mauled by a bear and Elder Anderson went to the hospital, so we were actually... 

Now I remember Tuesday was MLC. I was super excited for it, I knew it was going to be my last and President Adler first so I was excited to see how he'd run things and what we'd talk about. It was a lot of counseling which was really good. He came up with a concern or something we need to improve and he had each of us share a possible solution to the problem and then we narrowed it down to 5 action items. It was really good.  I think he is big on helping us become better leaders and being good decision makers. He said theirs 2 principles to good leadership, 1. decision making, and 2. love. He also made some changes in things he wants and doesn't want us to do anymore, not big changes but I think it will all be really good and inspired. He is really straight forward, and wants to get things done. But he also super loving and is really funny too so I think he'll be a really good mission President. I think I will be staying in the mission home with him and Sister Adler and Elder Fife when I go home ,so hopefully that will be a good time.  I think President and Sister Alexander did some dating role plays before they went home haha. 

We had a short lesson with Quenisha that night and the relief society had brought her a meal that day which was so awesome of them to do. Then set up a church tour with Alesia that night which ended up talking through twice!

The Fourth! Woke up and read a talk by President Benson about the Constitution and it was really good. The Lord had a big role in foundation of this country. We had 2 dinners that night, the Cielos invited us over for their little block party and that was a lot of fun, we got to know a lot of people in their neighborhood and she made some incredible enchiladas. Then we went over to the Laxtons,he is our ward mission leader and we had burgers over their and baked beans. Then President Adler told us at our meeting to get out in the community and go to some events and things like that so we tried to find some places we could go out in the community. We found a huge event in uptown, but by the time we got out of traffic and could've watched fireworks it was way too late to stay.  So we didn't get to watch any fireworks that night unfortunately, but we did hear them all night...haha.  And they're still going off at night all the time. 

We went on exchanges with the Harrisburg Elders and I was with Elder Howsman, he is a great missionary and a good guy. We were able to find a lady who let us in right when she saw us and we were able to share the Book of Mormon with her and bear a short testimony. I'm so grateful for the testimony the Lord has helped me develop out here and the experiences I've had. It's such a blessing to get to share the blessings of the gospel with others. I feel it so much more in my heart when I share it now than at the beginning of my mission. Later I found out they out Quenisha and her daughter on date for baptism for the 18th of August! So I was really excited to hear that and Quenisha couldn't wait to tell me when we went to see them a few days later. 

We also had a really good experience with a lady named Jeanette too.  We have been teaching her for a few weeks and it's a little hard to have good contact with her. There is a bit of a language barrier there and so we brought her a Swahili Book of Mormon last time we came. She hadn't read any so we read the introduction with her. It was incredible to see how happy she was as she was reading in Swahili and reading about the Book of Mormon and what it was. She was so excited that she'd be able to understand when she reads. 

Overall super good week, not really and crazy stories to tell but had some good experiences and things that strengthens my testimony that this is the Lord's work. 

Love y'all 
Love you mom,
Elder Morgan 

 



 



 




No comments:

Post a Comment