Monday, June 18, 2018

6/18/18... Last interview with President Alexander

Hola hermanos y hermanas! 

Yup so this week we had our last interviews with President and Sister Alexander! They're so great. I'm so glad I had been able to learn from them and serve with them. President asked about baseball and school and stuff and we talked about maybe if I could get a departing interview from him because I won't know the new mission President much. He really just wants me to enjoy the time I have left. I get caught up in the stress sometimes and just need to enjoy it. Sister Alexander is the best too I asked them last time if we could do a reunion on their house boat on Lake Powell haha! 

This week we had a lot of appointments fall through but we also had a lot of opportunities to teach that were unexpected. The relief society President gave us a list of unknown people and we've been trying to knock some of those out. With that a lot of people have moved or weren't home so we tried talking to their neighbors and were able to meet some new people to teach this week. There is this one neighborhood with a ton of refugees & a lot of them do not like us but some of them are really nice and we met a family from the Congo who we started teaching. They're really nice and their understanding of English is pretty good. The mom Jeanette came to church this Sunday and brought her little newborn baby. We're hoping to get to teach the whole family soon she has a few little baby kids that are super cute. This is the same neighborhood where we were in little Thailand! We also come across a lot of drunk people in there. And when we first got here elder hull did not want to go their because he almost got robbed their I think and we pulled up the first time and the first thing a guy says to me is "hey you got a couple bucks I can have" I was like, this is not happening haha. I think Jeanette liked church though so that's exciting. 

Cameron was working to get baptized next week and I guess he'll be out of town all week to be with his dad which is understandable, it's fathers day so we're going to move that back a few weeks. We had such an awesome lesson with him on Monday we taught him the plan of salvation on a white board and he loved it and understood it super good. It was awesome he was making all these connections and seemed to understand the importance of living the gospel in this life to be able to go back to heavenly father. 

We went on exchanges with University City elders. I was with Elder Rives and Elder Anderson here in Reedy Creek. It was super fun. I love Elder Rives. He's a super good guy. I think he's going to UVU too so I'll get to hang out with him when we're home too. 

We just went to a trampoline park and it was like the worst experience ever lol. I could jump on those things for hours back home, but here I did a few flips and felt like I was going to throw up the whole time haha. It was so sad! Fun, but I wish I didn't get so dizzy. 

Sandra is doing good, not much new on her this week but she is still awesome and we love her! I started something called My Plan today, it's something that helps you set goals for your return home and stuff so you can keep growing and progress. So I'm excited to do that I think it will be really good. It talked about always retaining a remembrance of the things you've learned. I thought it was great ...I've been thinking about it for a bit, how important it is to just remember the times where we had spiritual experiences and remember the Savior everyday. And then that really shows the importance of the sacrament. I've really gained a love for taking the sacrament weekly!

Love y'all 
Love you momma! Happy Father's Day Daddio love you too
Elder Morgan 







No comments:

Post a Comment