Monday, February 19, 2018

2/19/18... Destany's Baptism!

 Wow y'all had a crazy week in Fiji! That's a bummer it rained for a while!
Going to play basketball in a minute. 

This week was a lot of fun. Started with an exchange with elder zesiger which was a ton of fun! Man I love Elder Zesiger.  He's from Bountiful so we will get to hang out a bunch after the mission. But we had a good exchange.  We both felt super gross all day though for some reason.  I think I'm going to cut out soda for a while. We saw a family that used to live in Pineville. And taught this guy who said he was the last hippie alive.  He is 75 and just a stud, bikes everywhere still. Life goals. Then we got some bomb wings on Valentine's Day at a place called Whiskey Mill. Then drove back to Shelby to have coordination and Destany’s baptismal interview. Everything went great. The baptism was awesome. She even had more opposition from her cousins right before. There were so many people there.   She had her cousins come and they didn't want to talk to anyone pretty much.   But it was good to see them there supporting her at least. The whole ward came and supported. The ward was really excited to have a baptism here.  They are all wanting to do missionary work right now.  It's really exciting to see.  
Brother Wilson, the guy who we are teaching is progressing really well right now. You can just see the difference in him every week that we teach him, he has been keeping commitments and his countenance just keeps getting brighter, it's awesome. We had a really good plan of salvation lesson with him this last week and dinner.  She is such a good cook.  I love having dinner with them! They're so great! The son, Justin is the funniest 8 yr old I have ever met! He has the biggest imagination, I love it. 

We had a zone conference this last week—Super fun—had some great trainings on using family history work in our finding.  Also would like to give a shootout to mom for sharing the gospel on vacation, no vacations from missionary work right! That is an awesome experience and example of being a member missionary always.  I want to be like her when I grow up :) 

Playin some basketball today, haven't played for a long time lol so gotta knock the dust off today. Patrick from Salisbury was driving through today so he called and took us out to lunch, that was fun seeing him again. It was good hearing about Salisbury and how everyone's doing. Crystal is doing good over there.  She was called into the primary presidency so that was good to hear! I love that family. 


Qs
-Did you get your Valentine package??! Did you like it??

Ya I got it! LOVED IT! Seriously was not expecting that, I should have because of how awesome you are but It was great. 

-Oh. We need to talk about school...
Where do you want to live?

I'll have to email my coach right now. I like the idea of living by slcc.  I think it would be better for me to live in salt lake, and and then stay with friends in Provo if I want to go down there. I think that would probably be best.  I'll probably hang out with Tyler Brunson a lot down there so maybe stay with him, but he might be in dorms. 

I'm excited to play baseball again though I'm getting itchy haha. I've still got a lot to do out here though :) 

Love y'all!
Love you mom :)
Dad--Sorry it's coming in a bit. I've been writing it out to mom. 

Sounds like this week was a blast, I can't believe y'all drank kava haha isn't that stuff like a numbing drink. Mom said you bought 200$ of it haha. 
This week has been good my comp and I have been talking stuff out. It was just kind of annoying, I hate having drama out here, it is pointless and it hurts the worm. The baptism was great though, had a lot of none members come which was awesome, her family that antied her came and it was funny. They really don't want to talk to anyone there but I went and talked to them. 

How's grandpa doing? Do you think he'll get back to how he was before I left? 

Love you. 







No comments:

Post a Comment