Monday, January 8, 2018

1/8/18... Elder Luna and I went to get a hair cut....went terribly wrong

Hey y'all

So the week huh 

Well let me tell ya about today real quick. We went to a local baseball store and checked it out and the worker wouldn't talk to us because we were Mormon. Then Elder Luna and I went to get a hair cut....went terribly wrong. Usually you go to a barber shop and the barber is a hair wizard...not here. I'm pretty sure this guy was drunk. He didn't know how to do a 5 on the sides and an inch on top. He left half of the top full length and half of it at a 5....i told him after to just buzz all the top with the longer one and he buzzed it all with a 5. So I've got a buzz cut now. It's alright though, I'll live I think. 

This week a lot of things fell through unfortunately, it was just one of those weeks that were a little harder than usual. We had 3 appointments fall through with the family we were teaching which was unfortunate, the daughter did come to church though! 

Oh also, Maureen from Pineville and her daughter are getting baptized this next week so Star and the Clays are coming to pick Elder Luna and I up so we can make it down for their baptism. They're such and amazing family. Star and Jason both came and took us to lunch one day and I got some news that really strengthened my testimony of a miracle that happened. Monday (thats his name) the dad of the African family, was in need of surgery on his kidney or else he was going to die eventually. It may have been a tumor or something like that. Well a while ago elder Ward and I gave him a blessing, where we lay our hands on his head and by the priesthood authority give him a blessing from Heavenly Father. And in the blessing I felt inspired to tell him he was going to be healed through his faith. After about a month Star said he went to the doctors and the doctors couldn't find anything and he had been completely healed. After the blessing he said I know that this is not your authority or power but it's from God. And he was exactly right, I am so grateful to hold the priesthood, such an amazing blessing and responsibility to be worthy of at all times. I know that this authority was restored by Peter James and John to the prophet Joseph Smith. Through exercising our faith and having experiences our testimonies grow and strengthen of the gospel and of Jesus Christ. 

I am grateful to be in Shelby too, it's such a humble place.  It was our first fast and testimony meeting (happens once a month) in the ward and it was one of the most powerful testimony meetings I've ever been too. Something that a lady shared with us is a story that she always remembers when she is going through hard times. A boy said that he wants to be buried with a fork in his hand. The mom said why would you want to be buried with a fork in your hand?. He said well after dinner is the best part, you have to keep your fork for dessert. When I die I know the best part is about to come so I want to take my fork. 
I thought it was pretty cute but really true, sometimes life can feel like it's the hardest thing and that we are alone. But if we just endure and endure with faith and hope we can know that the best part is yet to come and that it's all worth it. 
I love it here, it's been a little bit harder to be back in the country but I just need to adjust a little more and keep working hard and miracles will come. I love this work. 

It's been really cold here for the South. I think it was a record low actually since the 20s. It was below 10 a couple times in the morning and at night. But we have the car and were alright, just threw some leggings on and some gloves. It's going to be a lot colder now with a buzzed head lol. 

We've been teaching this great guy named Eric this week. He is a really good guy, and very open to the gospel. He works on all of the churches in the Charlotte area for landscaping and a lot of his coworkers are members and so they have a lot of gospel conversation which is really good. He can't drive which is touch and his ride didn't workout for Sunday which was a bummer because it was such a great meeting. Oh well, next week it is. 

I hope everyone had a great week and is staying warm! 

Love y'all 
Love you mom!





No comments:

Post a Comment