Monday, December 4, 2017

12/4/17...I've fallen in love with Pineville.. There are so many good things happening in this area!

Transfer calls are this Tuesday night and I think they'll let me email y'all if I actually get transferred. I've fallen in love with Pineville and if I have to break up with her now during the Christmas season its going to be pretty sad. I really do love the people here and our investigators.  I really hope I stay. I just feel like there are so many good things happening in this area and I don't want to leave them! Plus the members are so good here.  

This week flew and I'll probably forget some details so I apologize in advance! 

It was really fun! We had a huge nativity festival this weekend and it was a ton of fun and a big success. It was a community thing, a bunch of choirs that were there, we actually were the grand finale....not because we were the best choir but because they realized we could help clean up after lol!  I think we turned out pretty good actually. A bunch of members were able to share the gospel through and it was such a good time to just celebrate the birth of Christ. They also had a lot of nativities which was fun to watch. As we walked through i was just looking at the pictures and I saw the picture of the first vision and I just realized how so many Christians of all different denominations will see this picture and probably not know what it is and be confused. And how many millions of people this event has influenced, it just made me realize the importance of my calling also. 

We had an amazing couple lessons with Maureen and her family. The first one was earlier in the week, Monday, the dad...thats his name, we watched the restoration movie with them and he said i know exactly how he feels, people didn't believe me when I told them how i felt after you gave me the blessing last week. He said "i know that this is not your power or the power of man, but the power of God" it was one such a great experience to watch him be so touched by the spirit. I love being out here and just being able to witness things like that, the little times when someone recognizes the Spirit are so special. 

The Spirit is so important in our lives in shaping us and guiding us to where we need to be and I've really learned how important it is to live a lifestyle that is worthy of that guidance. A member in our ward always says you're creating holy habits on your mission. 

Went ice skating today and It was so hard, I am not good at ice skating and I didn't fall the whole time until about 5 minutes before we were leaving, I fell so hard both my feet were in the air and I was about 2 ft. Up horizontal to the ground. Fell flat on my back and it wrecked me. My back is not feeling good after that one, I'll be alright though we will see how tomorrow mornings treats me haha. Tomorrow is also Mission Leadership Conference so it'll be good to get some new training and guidance on what we can work on to help others come to Christ. 

I probably missed some questions mom but I love you and am out of time today.  It was just busy seeing some members and stuff because we won't get to see them if I leave or anything. 

Love you so much! 
Elder Morgan 

Dad--
I doubt they'd expect me to be in top shape when I come in. Not sure, I could ask him. I think I could get in shape before I get back, not so much with running though.
Let me think and pray about it. If you do call will you pray about it before. 



No comments:

Post a Comment